Recovery

{WARNING: Work contains blood and death}

[No implied shipping, just friends]

Festival disasters part 1:

"A wise man once told me that Manburg was like lettuce, there are many layers of juicy goodness and if you can clean off all the caterpillars and insects, it's a pretty good meal" Schlatt said something from his spot behind the boy but the voice was blurry and Tubbo's mind trailed off as he read the lines from his script. He wanted to be with Wilbur

"Schlatt has successfully cleaned all of the insects off of our great nation leaving only the delicious and juicy goodness" He wanted to be with Tommy

"I want you to look around you at what we've built here, look at each other, all of this because of democracy and the leadership of Jschlatt" He just wanted to be with Tommy, sitting on a hill in the field.

"And that's really what this festival is about, democracy" Words continued to spill out of Tubbo's mouth but his mind had drifted somewhere else, on the hill with tommy. They would talk about the best meal they had had. That time when they kidnapped Antfrost with Technoblade, anything that comes to mind. The rebellion would still be going on around them but they would ignore it, they would just let time stop. Tubbo would see a hive of bees that he would normally drag Tommy over to go see but instead he would keep his spot in the grass next to Tommy. That's all he wanted to do, forget the world and let it just be them even if it was only that small spot in time

"And I would like to thank you all for coming to this festival!" As Tubbo finished his speech his head was filled with the applause from the crowd but his mind was still stuck in the field with Tommy. A laughter from behind the boy pulled from his trance, he turned to see Schlatt chuckling behind him.

"Schlatt what's wrong?" Before he knew it he was imprisoned on stage in front of everyone. He pushed his chest against the bars to get a look at the crowd, most just as confused as he was. He looked up at Schlatt whose smile had faded and he looked at Tubbo with cold and serious eyes that turned his confusion to pure terror.

"Tubbo... Tubbo I know what you've been up to" The man's words made Tubbo's hearts sink into his stomach. Schlatt put one hand in his pocket, putting his other arm in against the wall of Tubbo's cell as he leaned in closer to the boy.

"Do you know what happens to traitors Tubbo?" Schlatts cold stare was fixed on him and it sent a chill up his spine, he tried to answer but the words got caught in his throat.

"N-no..." he managed to say.

Schlatt still hadn't taken his eyes off the boy. "Nothing good..." He finally broke the stare and looked into the audience. He scanned it till he found Technoblade and a cruel smile spread across his face. He called him to the stage. Tubbo looked him in the eyes and he wondered if this would be his end.

As if answering his question Schlatt whispered to techno "I need you to take him out" Tubbo pushed his back against the back wall in fear. A few seconds of terrifying silence fell over them as no one moved. With his head down Techno then reached behind his back and pulled out an arrow which he began to load into his crossbow. The boy was too afraid to move as he watched his doom.

"Tubbo... I'll make it was painless as possible"

He blacked out, He could hear muffled screams in the crowd but his mind was somewhere else, on the hill with Tommy,

"So, when are you gonna formally introduce me to that 'tommy 2.0' in your stream?"

Tubbo just laughed "are you still mad about that?" he looked up and locked eyes with Tommy who was very clearly upset.

"Yes. I am not broken you don't need a 2.0!"

"Oh my goodness Tommy" but suddenly the scene had shifted, Tommy was still on the hill but Tubbo wasn't with him. Tommy's eyes were red from crying himself to sleep on the hill... "am I dead?" Tubbo thought. "I can't leave Tommy like this. Not now, not ever!... what would he do without me?" a warm tear fell down his cheek as the thought of leaving him alone in a world like this flooded his mind. As he sat there in his tears and blood, a real voice began to pull him from the dark corner of his mind, a muffed voice, but it was familiar. Tubbo opened his eyes partially to see a red and white figure run to him.

"Tubbo!" the load and very clear voice finally made the boy jolt from his bed. In a panic he scanned the room... It was just a dream. He looked down at his bandaged chest, a bit of blood could be seen through the tight bondings and his whole body ached. From the corner of his eye he spotted a second bed, he turned and saw Tommy, laying there blooded and wrapped up like him. Tubbo's heart skipped a beat

"Tommy?!" he said quietly? What had happened to him?

"He got into a fight with techno after the festival" Tubbo's head shot the door as it slowly creeped open revealing Wilbur on the other side. Tubbo's glance quickly turned back to Tommy. He walked over and stood against the wall next to them. "If you had died I sure even thought Techno beat him he wouldn't have been so safe in pogtopia anymore" he looked at tommy like he didn't care about him but Tubbo had no time to think about wilbur, a thousand thoughts were flowing through his mind. Was this his fault? Will he be okay? Why Techno go that far?

Tubbo's mind swirled and he began panicking. Wilbur noticed this and he put his hand on his shoulder

"hey" Tubbo flinched and quickly turned to him, "it will be okay. Try to get some sleep. Tommy would lose it if he found out you were losing sleep over him" Wilbur turned to and began to walk back out of the room. Tubbo leaded back against the headboard looking over at Tommy. Wilbur stopped halfway to the door and clenched his fists, he quickly turned and gave Tubbo a huge hug, catching the boy off guard.

"I'm so happy you're safe" Wilbur's voice made it clear he was holding back tears but you couldn't see tell from his cold face. He pulled away from the hug and ruffed Tubbo's hair "now get some sleep or I'll punch it into you." With his head down he walked back out the door, his footsteps could be heard as he walked down the hall to talk with Niki and Technoblade. Tubbo got comfortable in bed, facing Tommy. He looked at him for a long minute then grabbed his hand that was hanging off the bed and faded to sleep.

Words: 1180

Started at 1:45am

Finished at 3:22am

T-T