A Friendly Visit?

Technoblade pours a bag of potatoes into a bigger pile, he stretches and rubs his eyes. 'I've been up for too long... I need sleep'

before Techno heads to his room and he stops and turns to face the med bay door. He hesitates and has second thoughts about going to see them, but finally opens the door slowly.

Inside the boys were enjoying each other's company; Tommy was quietly writing in his new journal that he'd just gotten, Tubbo was hugging his pillow, legs crossed as he watched him write. If it was anyone else Tommy would have said something but he didn't mind Tubbo watching him, when Tommy got his first ever journal in the fight for La'manburg, when they first met he had done the same thing.

As the door opened the boys looked over to see who the visitor was. As Technoblade becomes visible through the doorway Tubbo quickly turns his glance to the floor to avoid eye contact. Tommy stops writing and gives Techno a look as the older man stands, unmoving in the doorway.

"Hey-" Techno is interrupted by a pissed off Tommy.

"Leave" Techno is taken a back from this outrage but he fully expected Tommy to protest his arrival, but he had some things that needed to be said.

"Tommy..." Tubbo reached his hand out to pull on his sleeve, he didn't turn to face the smaller kid . "Please... It is okay." Tommy's eyes remained locked on the older man by the doorway.

"Tommy look" Technoblade tried again only to be cut off by the boy, more violently than the last.

"I don't wanna hear it!" Tommy yelled in outrage.

"Tommy!" Tubbo cried, he didn't want Tommy to get in over his head and hurt himself again, he was really worried. Techno wants to say sorry but Tommy's raised his voice everytime he so much as opened his mouth, but he fully understood the boys anger, still Techno was never one for being patient or kind

[head canon, his is great IRL]

"You have some nerve coming in here after what you did, Blade." Tommy could feel himself boiling over, how could he forgive Technoblade? After what he did to him, after what he did to Tubbo!

Tubbo pulled on his friend's sleeve begging him to stop, but he didn't.

"Get out now."

"Tommy I just wanted to say sorry."

"Apology not accepted, now get out!" Tommy gritted his teeth.

"Tommy!... Calm down, he just wants to apologize ." Tommy couldn't understand why tubbo was being so calm about this, not only did he shoot tubbo and then kill everyone at that festival, but on top of that he did it under the orders of someone who has no authority over him and cleaned it was because of "peer pressuring." How do you forgive that?

"Thank you Tubbo. Look I completely understand where you're coming from, I don't expect to be forgiven anytime soon if at all, but I feel even though it might not be accepted I must show that I am sorry."

Tubbo looks over at Tommy, with every word that comes out of Technoblade's mouth he grows in rage, Tubbo is afraid for his friend, and pairs himself for an outburst.

"I won't rattle off excuses for my actions for there are none, but I am very ashamed of the choice I made in the moment"

"You should be" Tommy muttered under his voice. "You should be ashamed! After everything Tubbo has done for us, after everything me and Wilbur went through to keep him safe, you shot an arrow in his chest under the orders of Jschlatt! This is no longer about just about the festival and your actions in the war."

[More head canon, we'll get to that soon]

"This is no longer about the past, you betrayed us!"

As Tommy began yelling at Technoblade in pure rage, Tubbo stuffed his face between two of his pillows to wait out the storm, he hated it when Tommy yelled. Technoblade just stood there taking the criticism, for the first time he was actually stopping to listen and not immediately yelling back. Tommy was right, he had acted foolish and he absolutely deserves this.

As Tommy was yelling they heard footprints coming up the hall and Niki opened the door. To see a tommy was enraged with techno and tubbo had his head stuffed between two pillows to block out the noise.

"Tommy!" Niki called, finally catching the boys attention.

"What is going on here?" Everyone sat there in silence, not answering Niki's question. She grabbed Technoblades shoulder, and looked into the empty eye sockets of his mask.

"You should go, I'll be right there" with no response. He turned and walked out the door. Niki turned her attention to the two boys, both laying in their beds.

Niki sat down by tubbo's feet, his head still buried in the pillows. she put her hands on his and lightly pulled the pillows away from his face. He looked up at her for a moment then smiled and let his gance fall his feet. She looked over at Tommy, who was clearly holding back tears but he stayed strong in front of his friend.

"Well" niki started, throwing her hands in the air. "whats happening?" Tommy was still too upset and stubborn to talk at first but after A few moments of eerie silence he finally broke it.

"Techno came in to apologize for shooting tubbo for no reason and beating me up when I stood to defend my best friend."

'Isn't it Wilbur that made them fight?' niki thought, she looked at the boy with sympathetic eyes. These two were only 16, they didn't belong in a world like this, these past events, the war for La'manburg, the election aftermath, they were too young.

Niki signed, she got on one knee and pulled both boys into a warm, embracing, hug. Tubbo hugged back immediately, Tommy flinched but finally accepted the love of the people around him, he needed it.

Niki pulled away and stood up. "Well, you can move back into your rooms when your ready, Tubbo you can-" Tommy cut her off

"He can stay with me since he doesn't have a room yet" Niki was taken aback but smiled. "Of course, where else will he go?" she walks out the door, closing it behind her. She lookers to her right and sees techno leaving against the wall. She slowly heads in his direction.

"I should have gone in there so soon, sorry"

"No" Niki started "he may have been mad but if you had waited till he was calm to apologize then the wound would never heal. Just give him time."

Technoblade just turned his head away and kept looking at the wall. She was used to being ignored by him but this time it felt different. Techno was often cold and distant, he had no morals and during the war had become a war criminal. This time he seemed concerned, genuine, thought full. Niki could wrap her head around it.

"Um, I'm gonna head to sleep, you should to." she head up the stairs to her room

Techno simply replied with "uh" still zoned out in thought.

As she past Wilbur's study on the way to her room, she heard music, Wilbur was writing a song. Niki put her ear against the door and listened to the song, he hadn't played in such a long time, hearing that melody warmed her heart and gave her hope, things were turning around

Words: 1227

Started 1:45

Finished: 5:35