Holidays

My head snapped towards him, accidentally flicking Olive with my hair while doing so. "Yes?" I asked.

"The Christmas holidays begin this weekend, and I already asked McGonagall. We are the only ones staying for Christmas in the whole school!!" He exclaimed, hailing the attention of most of the people in the Great Hall.

I didn't care, and whooped out loud. Sirius grinned and followed suit, while Remus shook his head at our antics and Peter shuffled uncomfortably. "Actually guys, I'm not staying this year. My parents want to go abroad so I'm going with them. Sorry." He said.

Remus patted him lightly on the shoulder. "Don't worry mate, we aren't gonna have that much fun with no one to annoy this year anyway." He said sympathetically.

"Yeah," James said. " we will be bored out of our skulls." Sirius looked at us all in turn like we had gone mad. "Really? Come on James is going to ask Lily our another couple hundred times while he can, plus we have to complete the tradition."

James turned bright red and I kicked Sirius under the table. "Not helping genius." I said as an answer to his confused yelp.

Peter sighed. "Don't worry about it, have fun." We all smiles pitifully, though the truth was none of us really liked Peter, he wasn't as close as the rest of us were.

Well, maybe except Olive.

Speaking of which, Olive was talking to Lily speedily, and then turned to the rest of the group. "Yeah, me and Lily won't be there either. Peters parents asked me if I wanted to go too and I said yes." I rolled my eyes, but said nothing.

"And Lily? What's your excuse for leaving me in Hogwarts with the boys alone?" I asked in a faux mad tone. All she did was shrug and say to me, so no one else could hear. "I can't have your brother ask me out again until I decide if I want to say yes yet. Don't say anything please." I nodded.

James put his arm around me. "Just you, me, Padfoot and Moony, little sis." He smirked evilly.

I moved his arm off me and frowned at them. "Whatever. I'm getting some more revision in before bed, coming girls?" I asked. Lily nodded and Olive murmured in agreement. We then turned and left the boys in the Hall with their food.

We sat in the library for two hours, cramming as much information into our brains as possible and writing out countless revision cards and pages of notes. Olive's head was bent over a large book, while I was helping Lily learn early Goblin History.

As I pulled out the last sheaf of notes in the topic, Olive's head hit the table with a resounding clonk. Madam Pince looked up at us with an angry look, then pressed her index finger to her lips, signalling us to be quiet.

Olive had evidently fallen asleep, which we all took as a sign that it was time to head back up to the dormitories. Tomorrow was Friday, our last day together and after all the exams we planned to spend the whole day in Hogsmeade.

The next morning Olive and I woke up at the same time, a rare occasion. We made the most of it and planned the best way to wake Lily up quickly while getting washed, dressed and ready for our day out.

After an hour, we were both ready and positioned on either side of Lily's bed. Olive had her hair back in a sleek ponytail and was wearing a pair of black leggings and a purple tank top with red converse and eyeliner. My hair was pulled into a messy bun with a red scrunchie, blue ripped denim skinny jeans and a red hoodie I stole off James a few years ago.

I paired it with blue boots and blusher, lipgloss and mascara. We both looked quite nice, but knew Lily would only take fifteen minutes and still end up outshining us both.

With a nod at each other, the sheets were pulled off Lily and Olive tickled her stomach while I laughed and shouted 'Hogsmeade time!' like a mantra in her face. Lily woke up immediately giggling,(she loved being tickled) and covering her ears with her hands. "Shut up y/n! Ok well done you woke me up now go and have breakfast I'll be with you in twenty." She smiled.

Olive and I high fived and winked at Lily, causing another giggle. We then went down to breakfast, sitting beside the Maurauders who were already awake and halfway through eating.

"In a rush boys?" Olive asked. Sirius could only nod, his mouth full of syrup and pancake. It was Peter who swallowed first and verbally answered. "Yeah, we haven't prepared properly for exams bar Moony and want to get to Hogsmeade for a bit before our detention with Slughorn." He said.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Honestly, can't keep out of trouble for your own lives.

"Mum wouldn't be happy if I told her how many detention you've got this week alone, Jamesy." I said in a fake angry tone.

Peter laughed and agreed. Remus finished his plate along with Sirius, and turned to Olive and I while Sirius 'helped' James finish his food.

"So, where are you two detention-free girls going today then?" He asked. Lily sat down beside me and some second year, grabbing a lemonade while answering. "Hogsmeade for some Christmas shopping and final girl time of the year." She replied. "Ahh." Remus said.

I turned to Lily and Olive. "Right, all set girls?" I asked. Olive nodded and picked up another piece of toast. Lily finished her lemonade and replied. "Yep, let's get going!" We stood up in unison and linked arms. "Hogsmeade, here we come!" Olive said. I laughed and we headed out.

AN: 989 words. Thanks for reading:) I've gotten a lot of unexpected support and love for this book, so I shall continue posting whenever I can. Bye for now xx