Chapter One.

Evelyn Williams squinted her eyes at the girl sitting before her as she sipped on her bubblegum milkshake. The girl, fidgeted under the intense stare, gulping her lemonade down nervously.

"What is it?" Said Nora Bell, biting onto her red straw.

Evelyn retracted her gaze from Nora, not answering her question, fully knowing that Nora was aware for the reason of her probing eyes.

It's been a few days since Evelyn noticed that Nora had been avoiding every food that she used to love eating. When Evelyn would ask her about it, she would reply that she was on a diet, but this diet felt a little too off to Evelyn.

"Are you going to do it tomorrow?" Nora asked in an attempt to change the topic.

"I will do it and will achieve success." Said Evelyn, going along with Nora, but she wasn't going to forget about the abnormal behaviour. Normally Nora would go on diets, but they would hardly last for a week, and they would all be prescribed by a nutritionist, but this time had been different because Evelyn noticed that Nora would hardly ever eat anything and as far as she knew healthy diets don't work like that. She stayed quiet because she respected her friend's privacy, but if this goes on for any longer, Evelyn knew that won't be able to hold herself back and would interfere.

Nora nodded. "Evie, I hope that you will emerge victorious."

"But I still feel nervous." Evelyn smiled sheepishly. "What if I end up failing again?"

"Then it would be Carter's loss." Nora said solemnly.

Evelyn nodded. "Right." Reassuring herself, but she still had a bad feeling in her guts, telling her that she would yet again fail. She pushed them away, replacing them with the Hermes Kelly bag that she had just ordered.

A banquet would be held at Carter's house the next day and Evelyn had already planned on confessing to Carter about her feelings. She wasn't sure what the outcome would be, but she didn't plan on backing off and regretting about it in future after she turned sixty nine.

Evelyn had grew up along side Carter, they could also be considered as childhood sweethearts. Even though she didn't like Carter when she was young, but after Carter's twin had been sent away, they grew closer. It had been around a year since Evelyn had started crushing on Carter. She didn't know exactly when it happened, but every time Carter would smile at her, her heart would quicken its pace, she would find herself smiling every time she thought of Carter, but what truly made her touched was whenever he'd sneak into her room and talk about all his problems to her, it showed how much he trusted her and would prefer to talk about his problems instead of talking about it to someone else.

"I'm done with my shift." Came a soft voice behind her. "Where are we heading to?"

"Won't you eat something?" Evelyn asked Angela Sue, her close friend. "Because it's going to be a long day."

Evelyn hadn't known Angela for long, they had been friends for less than a month. She had first seen Angela, when she was being bullied by Kayla and her friends. Evelyn truly was against bullying, though she couldn't stop all of the bullies, but she did whenever she'd notice the bullies bullying their new victim.

In a school, which was filled with second and third generation rich kids, bullying was borne to happen. Especially Angela, who was a student on scholarship and had face so beautiful that girls would grit their teeth and boys would catch their breath.