Chapter Three.

Evelyn banged on the door. "Is anyone out there?" She could tell that the door wasn't locked from the outside, but something was restricting it. After trying for a long time, Evelyn gave up, knowing that there was no one outside in the hallway, at least someone who would help her.

Evelyn wondered who would lock her in, she knew it was done intentionally, because her wouldn't have been taken away. She thought it could have been Kayla who locked her, she could have locked Angela in a room and now locked Evelyn so that she won't be able to interfere. Evelyn didn't understand what sort of grudge Kayla held against Angela for her to go to any length to bully her.

Evelyn flopped on to the settee near the window. She sighed thinking about when life came to this point. She had been sure an hour ago that she would either be happy or heartbroken at the end of the party, but here she was locked in one of the rooms, without any means to call for anyone.

In fact, Evelyn had made up her mind that this would be the last time she'd try confessing to Carter, and if it failed this time too, then she would accept the fact that Carter sported no feelings for her. Maybe Carter and her were never meant to happen and it was time for her to accept it.

Feeling down, Evelyn picked up a bottle of red wine which was placed on the side table, two wine glasses sat on the tray. She knew giving up in this way wasn't the way she rolled, but she felt it was unfair for herself if she kept on rooting for Carter.

In fact Evelyn had multiple chances to confess to Carter, but he wasn't the type to stay single for long, and would move on very quickly from girl to girl, even before Evelyn could muster enough courage to confess, by the time she'd make up her mind, Carter would already be dating a new girl. Nor could she confess to Carter when he was dating someone, it wasn't in her morals, even though she knew he wasn't serious with the girl he was dating.

Evelyn was aware that both her and Carter's parents hoped for them to get together, they could even be said to have an unofficial engagement. Carter goes around dating numerous girls in a fit of his rebelliousness, to top it Sofia spoiled Carter to no end.

Evelyn herself could be said to be spoiled, but her parents knew their limit, if she wanted something, they would gladly send her money, her parents let her do as she pleased as long as she didn't do anything illegal or immoral. Growing up, she was grounded and received punishments whenever she did something wrong, she also wasn't the only child so her parents attention had to be divided between her and her sister, but the same couldn't be said for Carter because Sofia doted endlessly on him, without a bottom limit.

Evelyn found it shocking that Carter didn't end up being a brat, looking at how he was raised. In fact Carter was brattier before Sofia started doting on him. Even Evelyn was a spoiled brat herself so when she was young, she never got along with Carter, but after that incident she grew more sensible, not only her, but Carter too changed, though there wasn't much difference in the way he acted, but he did change his ways towards her. They grew closer and could even be called best friends, but here she was, crushing on Carter.

Evelyn frowned as she sipped on the red wine. She had low tolerance towards alcohol, she had started drinking wine when she was fifteen and could drink up to two glasses of red wine and would get drunk.

The wine that Evelyn was drinking had a low percentage of alcohol, after her third glass, she could be said to be slightly drunk. But she was still conscious of her surroundings, she also remembered that she had been locked in the room and poor Angela was being bullied somewhere, that fired her up, she had to get out of the room quickly, there was no use moping around in the room over her heartbreak, she should go outside and save Angela since she was the one to bring her to the party.