Yes I Overthink

Morning had come and the forest seemed even prettier today. The scent of the Earth was stronger after the rainfall but it was a pleasant odour, one that she could get used to. I had spent the night outside, guarding my water supply and the other food resources I had discovered. I just hoped one of the berries I'd found were edible or else it was Dandelion leaves...

Sitting up, I reached out for the tin of the water I had collected and raised it to my lips. It was heavy so I was pleased as it signified I had accumulated a decent amount and I don't intend to waste it. I took a brief sip before setting it back down and getting up.

"Why are they so noisy-" I groaned out.

Spending two years locked up in a cell alone was lonely but I was now missing some parts of it such as the tranquillity and quietness in the mornings. This was my life now and I would have to get used to it, hopefully, those around would mature with age or at least gain a sense of responsibility and a brain of their own to separate their ideals from Bellamy and his lackey's Ideals.

Speaking of Bellamy, my eyes adjusted to see him stepping out of the dropship with a woman at his side. The woman was quite attractive with her dark hair and dark skin, not to mention her toned body. The girl had kissed him before fleeing, Bellamy's eyes stalking her as she left. I guess he was smitten by the pretty little thing. I almost forgot he was a regular guy before witnessing this encounter, it seemed this may become a common occurrence based off his flirting around yesterday too.

His hair was ruffled unlike his neater appearance the day before and he was topless this time. Rather than focusing on his attractive body, I focused more on the gun tucked into the right-hand side of his belt. How did Bellamy get a gun? If he wasn't dangerous before, he sure as hell was now.

"You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?" Bellamy got closer to Wells, challenging him once again. "This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply. Oh, no, no, Atom. Atom, hold up." Bellamy refrained Atom, the man beside him, from handing Wells back the clothes he had found or rather stolen.

"You want it back?" Bellamy dared Wells. "Take it."

"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells questioned, watching the delinquents scurry for the clothes thrown on the floor.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?"

Suddenly, a woman screamed out drawing all attention over to her where she was held over a campfire by Murphy who seemed to enjoy it in a sadistic way.

"Bellamy. Check it out." Murphy smirked, peering over at Bellamy. "We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

"Let her go! You can stop this." Wells shouted, pushing Murphy away from the girl, who darted up at first chance to escape.

"Stop this?" Bellamy had now pulled on a navy t-shirt. "I'm just getting started."

Delinquents around yelled fight, gathering to watch as Murphy shot back at Wells, knocking him to the floor. The pair rolled back and forth before Murphy caught the upper hand and was now on top of Wells, throwing punches.

I liked to remain in the shadows but how much longer could I stand back and allow Bellamy to lead the camp into chaos. Murphy was already pulling out a knife as he stood up, his face was covered in blood. It seemed as if Wells had managed to land a few punches on Murphy and to be honest he had it coming. Murphy was grade A, the A being for asshole.

"Wait." Bellamy called out, blocking the pair. Was he finally going to step in and be a redeemable person? "Fair fight."

Or perhaps I'd spoken too soon. Bellamy was only good in appearance but his personality seemed to suck ass unless he was caring for his sister. If only he was as authoritative with his leadership as he is with the protection of his sister. Maybe then I'd see the appeal in him but for now he was just a jackass who needed a taste of his own medicine.