Part 2 ~ In looker

She's small and  has a cute tomboyish style that most definitely suits Asa.^^

Her name is pronounce UH-S-UH =Asa.

Have fun!

____________

Two years later.

The bar was full. It disgusted her how easily people got swayed by mindless things like tone deaf beats and gross drinks. It makes her want to puke actually. But she holds down her throw up with a sip of her fresh iced green tea. Her only favorite indulgence. That and basically any type of food she can scrounge for herself and her grandfather.

But tonight it was just iced tea and the task of watching three air headed bimbos dance with grinding slime balls and thinking it's fun.

Ugh.

No self-resect, seriously.

Anna - Annabel - whatever the third one's name was, is particularly disturbing and shameless - not to mention practically naked as she dances and twitters with two random men that she found.

They were drunk. She was wasted.

Asa vaguely wonders if her clients will deduct payment for letting one of their precious daughters get smashed. That wasn't in the agreement but - still.

"Hey babysitter!"

She turns dark eyes, they hurt from the strobing over head lights, she makes out the basic shape of one of her charges, "Yah?"

The girl looks annoyed, by what, Asa doesn't know, nor does she particularly care - "Let's get going - get Anna Lin away from those creeps - "

Anna Lin - Right.

She stands up and stretches, her side aching in that old painful way and makes her way to the smashed girl still swaying to no beat at all.

"Hey Anna - " She yells over the music so her voice sounds relatively normal as she taps on the girl's bare shoulder. 'Time to go."

The blond turns vague unfocused eyes on her and giggles stupidly. "Daw - but I was just having fun with - with - what were your name again?"

The men eye the new girl with contempt. Typical creeps.

Definitely time to go.

"Yah - nice to meet you. Let's go." She grabs the blonds arm and the girl giggles again - barely walking straight. The other two follow.

"Hey - who do you think you are girly - " The larger guy, of course, he's drunk. That makes something harder to explain when their double stupid from drinks.

"Home - bye." She brushes them away.

A hand lands on her shoulder. She cringes, sucks in a stale breath, grabs the wrist and twists. The guy yelps and goes on his knees. She enjoyed that.

"I said - we have to go." She seethes. The guy moans against her hold and she lets go, grabs Anna what's - her - face, and makes for the door.

Suddenly, Anna is yanked away squealing deliriously.

"I don't think you understand the commitment this babe gave us." The other one sneers. He's less smashed.

He doesn't need drinks to make him stupid apparently.

Mr. Smith wasn't going to like his daughter being manhandled. She smirks and snaps a picture of the guy gripping Anna incriminatingly, the man yellows and swipes at her.

"Hey- what's that - give that here you -"

She dodges smoothly, weaves under and punches him from below the jaw seamlessly, he staggers and falls back, Anna falls and her sisters go to pick her up.

The man stands and looks angry. Bull red angry.

She scoffs and watches him charge her for her taped up phone, she waves it at him, bends back and kicks him with her knee in his guts, he doubles over and she elbows his neck easily.

People swarm away.

She huffs, adjusts her black tee shirt and shoves stray bangs out of her face, whirls on her ratty high tops and snatches the idiot girl by her arm.

They get out - the city is no less thick and smoggy but oh how much better it was then that suffocating place.

Just get them home, get payed, and hopefully never see these blond air heads again.

"Thanks." The oldest blond whispers at her as they pull up in front of their castle sized mansion and help their giggling sister out, she's humming some nonsense as they each grab her arm and lead her up the stairs to their huge home, their father waiting for them in plush velvet night robes.

"Ms. Hanz - "

She looks up at the elderly man with a large belly and fading hairline as he watches his precious children get inside their palace.

"Yes sir." Politeness gets points sometimes after all.

"How would you like your payment?"

"Cash please." Can't do credit, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Cash it is." The rich old man pulls out a wad of hundreds, three to be exact, and hands them to her.

Asa takes the money, gives him a small nod and decides, now's as good a time as any to get out of dodge. "Thanks for your patronage."

"One more thing." He says, stopping her on his doorsteps.

She doesn't really turn all the way around as she looks at him. Her back aches and that old wound in her side was starting to pulse uncomfortably. "Yes?"

"I think I'll recommend you. Shall we go by your name or - "

"Hanz is fine sir." Rule number one in this business, never give out your real name.

"Hanz it is. Good night then." He smiles amiably, his filler teeth missing, as he steps back, offering her his benevolent smile again and closes the door that stood as a metaphorical line that existed between the rich and the dirt poor.

Poor people don't belong past the threshold.

Asa learned that lesson a long time again. She winces and rubs at her old wound as she heads off for home. Hopefully Grandpa ate something today.