c h a p t e r ~ f i v e

KEEFE

"Hey! Fitzy!" Keefe waved to his best friend as he jogged down the crowded Foxfire hall.

Fitz raised his head and grinned when he saw Keefe "Hey Keefester" he slowed his walk down as Keefe neared "Whats up?"

Keefe frowned as he walked in step with Fitz. He looked down at his feet, his swaggered persona fading for a second before reappearing. He scuffed his shoes and looked back at Fitz, smiling again as if nothing had happened "I heard you and Sophie are going out. Uhhh cool"

Fitz tilted his head "Huh. The word travels fast on the grapevine of Foxfire"

"So...are you?" pressed Keefe, trying not to sound too eager for an answer

Fitz nodded "Yeah. It's a practice date. She's trying to help me get with Stina"

Keefe stopped abruptly, crashing into some students as he blinked in surprise "But you told her about Jensi right?"

Fitz started walking faster, just enough to get away from Keefe, but not enough to alert Keefe of his change in pace. But that was inevitable, Keefe could sense his change. He was worried. Frantic even.

"Yeah kinda" Fitz mumbled without looking up, accelerating his pace even faster

Keefe grabbed Fitz's arm and turned him around "Kind of! What do you mean kind of?"

His outburst brought a few stares and a handful of glares from the other students

"Get a room!" a random elf shouted and the other students in the hall laughed, causing both Keefe and Fitz to turn red.

"Explain" Keefe grumbled and pulled his best friend - who he was very mad at by the way - into a corner alcove"Did you tell Sophie about Jensi or not?"

"I told Sophie that Stina has a boyfriend. But I didn't tell her who"

Keefe just looked at Fitz and shook his head "Thats messed up dude"

Fitz threw his hands up in the air and growled " What do you mean? It's not messed up!"

Keefe stepped back and bumped into a bench, having flashbacks of Fitz when he was mad.And he knew. Fitz was MAD right now.

Fitz sensed his discomfort and his face fell "I'm sorry Keefe. I just meant that I didn't tell Sophie the whole truth because...well...did you notice how she has been avoiding me these past few weeks? I mean, I just want to talk to her nd this is the only way"

Keefe sensed how truthful Fitz was being and he tensed up. He should have believed him. And it was true that Sophie had been avoiding him...she had really been hanging out with him. But that didn't mean anything. The tips of Keefe's ears turned red and he forced down his feelings. Sophie hanging out with him didn't mean anything and he knew it.

"I just want to hang out with her as friends"

The last sentence caused Keefe to look up. Whatever Fitz had just said was not true. He studied the elf's face and frowned. Why would Fitz lie about this?

"You believe me right?" Fitz asked

Keefe smiled "Of course Fitz" he went to turn around but an idea started to formulate in his head and he faced Fitz again, smirking "Well then I guess I will just have to help Foster find out who Stina's new boyfriend is"

Keefe saw Fitz's face turn from surprise, to rage, and the back to his cool smile in a matter of seconds "Oh really? And why would you do that?"

"Just for fun" Keefe shrugged and turned away, grinning at the look of disbelief on Fitz's face. He swaggered down the hallway, on the way to his next class, feeling pretty good about himself. 

---------------------

hey guys! i got back into writing again! i have 2 more chapters lined up that i think you guys will love! 

i am so sorry about the hiatus but i had a bunch of schools tuff and my mental health wasnt the best...

what am i even talking about no one reads this anymore lmaoo

see you guys in the next chappie!!!