c h a p t e r ~ e i g h t

KEEFE

Keefe was walking through the halls of Foxfire feeling....what was it...giddy? He was just really excited to see Sophie. No! Not see her. Show her his ideas. That was all. He rounded the corner and heard voices. It sounded like someone he knew...or two people that he knew. He rounded the next corner and stopped abruptly in surprise. He backed away and peeked around the corner, still able to see Lihn crying in Biana's arms. She was obviously very upset. He didn't need to be an empath to know that.

Lihn sniffed and looked up at Biana "You know that am is my twin..I can't lie to him. This tears me apart"

Biana's smile softened "Okay. I get it. If something like this happened to me I wouldn't want to lie to my brother either"

Keefe rubbed his temples. He was so confused. What were they talking about?

"But he might get mad" Lihn said and Keefe looked back at them "I just want to protect you Bi" she hugged Biana tighter and Keefe sensed her emotions Lihn cared for Biana. A lot.

"I know but I will be fine. It's time I talked to Tam anyway. We can't keep running around like this. Sophie almost found out today and I know Fitz is getting suspicious of me"

Fitz? Sophie? Suspicious? What? A million thoughts were racing through Keefe's head and he felt like he was so close to getting an answer to all of this.

Lihn nodded and Biana smiled at her before placing a quick kiss on her lips.

Keefe gasped and pressed his body against the wall, trying to hide. That was it. Everything made sense now.

"Uhhhhh Keefe?" Biana's voice filled the air and he slumped his shoulders. They found him.

"Heyyyyy" Keefe said quietly and crept around the corner to face a very angry Biana with her hands on her hips and Lihn who had a look of pure terror on her face.

"Keefe Oh no! Please don't tell anyone about this! Oh no I am going to get in so much trouble I was lying to everyone and now I am going to get in so much trouble and my life will end" Lihn's hands shook and Keefe frowned.

"Hey Lihn no it's ok" Biana took Lihn's hands in her own and looked down at her "We are going to be fine" she shot a quick glare at Keefe who put his hands up in a mock defense.

"Hey I won't tell if you don't want me to"

Lihn looked up at him and tilted her head "Really?"

Keefe smiled "Of course. Why wouldn't I? You guys seem really happy together..."

Biana hugged Keefe and Lihn joined in, both smiling widely. Keefe could tell they were grateful. I mean why wouldn't they? They just had a conversation with the Keefster. But really, he was happy for them.

"So not to barge into your conversation....but can I ask why you were crying Lihn?" Keefe rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and looked at the girls.

"Uh..." Lihn sniffed and glanced at Biana "It's just that...you know how Biana is supposed to be dating Tam...but she's dating me"

"Ohhhh"

"Yeah" Biana carried the conversation "Lihn doesn't like keeping this from her brother and I don't blame her at all"

Keefe shrugged "Well if you really like each other than you should be together"

Biana laughed and looked up at him "You should take your own advice"

Keefe turned bright red and stepped back "What? I- No! What do you mean"

It was Lihn's turn to smirk "You know...Sophie?"

"Sophie! What about her! I-"

Biana and Lihn both looked at him and he slumped his shoulders in defeat "It's just that...there is no way I would ever date Sophie. She's...she just" Keefe racked his brain trying to find an excuse

"Come onnnn Keefe"

"We knowwww"

"Sophie is just boring! Ok? She's weird...and umm...just...did you know she's half horse?" Keefe shouted and hung his head. He hated himself for saying those things. He didn't believe it. But it was the only way to get Biana and Lihn off his back.

"Oh...um ok" Lihn said quietly "I see..."

Lihn and Biana glanced at each other and Keefe sighed.

He put his head in his hands and cursed silently at himself. Why did he say that? He should never lie. Ever.

"I didn't mean it," Keefe said slowly and looked up, but the girls had already disappeared.

Keefe stood up straight and looked in the other direction "Time to see Sophie" he sighed and started walking further into Foxfire.

oop-

thats all i have to say