Shine, step into the light

"Ms Jess Carter everybody", Jimmy introduced me to the audience and I stepped out behind the light blue curtain to show myself to not only  studio audience of at least two hundred, but also the millions of people that were gonna be watching the show when it aired later. The two hundred were applauding louder than I expected and I waved over to a few, catching some encouraging smiles then and there. With slightly jittery legs, but a seemingly confident appearance, I walked over to the grey couch, shook hands with Jimmy and carefully sat down. I was still nervous, but knowing that Harry was there, even if he was still behind the curtain, helped me a ton.

"Jess, I'm so glad that you're glad that you're here. The whole world has been talking about you ever since they got to see you as Ariel in The Little Mermaid, which you were phenomenal in by the way", Jimmy said to me and the small amount of nervousness left my body entirely, even though I was fully aware that the world had been talking about me since they had seen me at the premier with Harry, and not necessarily in the actual movie. "I'm so happy you are on the show tonight, but you didn't come alone a little birdy has told me. It's true, that you're brought a little surprise for our audience?"

"Well, first of all thank you so much for your kind words and for having me. You're giving more credit than I deserve Jimmy", I said to Jimmy, while early signs of a cheeky grin appeared on my face at the mentioning of said surprise. He made it sound if I had organized all of this, which I wished I had, but all the credit belonged to the surprise himself. "But it's true, we do have little bit of a surprise for all of you guys of you don't mind", I said to audience, who cheered expectantly, so I turned back to Jimmy, the grin on my face even bigger. "Shall we bring him out?"

"We shall", Jimmy said to me with quite the similar grin on his face. "Ladies and gentleman, please give a huge round of applause, although I don't think I have to ask for that, for the Eric to Jess' Ariel, Mr Harry Styles!", he exclaimed and a wave, no a tsunami, of ecstasy, full of hysteric applause, screams and cheers broke out in the audience. Harry stepped out, causing an even bigger eruption so loud I had to cover my ears, but I couldn't blame them. The way he was gracefully taking a bow, shyly yet jokingly cocky at the same time, even made me starstruck and I had kissed him inside of my dressing room just a few minutes ago.

"Oh my god, what a honor to have you both here, unexpectedly. For the record, this was not planned, at least not until this morning when I got a call from a certain someone", Jimmy hinted excitedly, when Harry sat down on the couch next to me after shaking Jimmy hand as well, as if he hadn't just done that right before the taping of the show had started. I raised an eyebrow at him, following Jimmy's words that he had called him. I had tried to reach him, after I woke up, but that certain someone had probably been on his way to the airport already. "Jess, you didn't know about this either right? How did you react when you found out your costar was gonna be here?"

"Yeah, and I didn't even know this morning. I had no idea until half an hour ago basically, but of course I was thrilled", I said, chuckling, although the word thrilled didn't even get close to describing how I had actually felt. Harry placed his left arm on the back of couch around me, but in a way that left more than enough space between us, so it wouldn't lead anyone to false, or right, conclusions. Still, my nose was graced with the unmistakable scent of tobacco vanille, that reminded how thrilled I really was. "It's always better not to be alone and I mean we haven't seen each other since the premiere."

"Which by the looked absolutely stunning, as well as you two. I wanna show everyone a picture", Jimmy said before pulling up a picture of Harry and I at the premiere, a picture that was to be seen on almost every newspaper a few days ago. I had posted it on my Instagram as well, but sadly turned off the comments, because the reaction I had gotten wasn't nearly as positive as the one from the audience right now. An aftershock roamed around in front of us, accompanied by more hysteric applause, screams and cheers, that covered my cheeks in a red flush. "Yeah, you have every right to scream! Was this you first red carpet, Jess?"