deadman four.

They happened to wake up early. All of them except for Shoyo. They all sat in the living room as silence prevails. None of them didn't even bother to move to cook breakfast or even grab a coffee or water or anything that will get them lively early in the morning.

" Hey." Tendou sat on the floor, the soft texture of the mat beneath pressed against his lower back as he leaned his head back, " I find something funny."

The room fell silent even more. But Tendou doesn't seem to care and found the silence comfortable so he kept talking, " That we're here. In Los Angeles. We just experienced getting kidnapped. Yet here we are. We're not even panicking."

" I find it weird than funny." Hanamaki said.

" I find it scary." said Matsukawa.

Chuckles prevailed, but soon fell in silence.

" Hey." Kuroo spoke, " I miss my house."

" I miss my dog."

" I miss my cat."

" I miss buying milk."

" I miss my Mom."

" You don't have one."

" Oh—okay—okay I have one but that hurts." A simple chat brought laughs to themselves, giggles filled the room, titters leaving their mouth open as tears of joy and delight built itself in their eyes.

The laughs woke the ginger up and found himself sitting on the floor while his back against the door the moment they talked out the things they missed. It made him smile, but it cause tears stream down his cheeks. He feel guilty. He had always been guilty for involving them here. The guilt build up more and bigger inside him. He blame himself for making them miss those things. If only he wasn't so careless to forget that the man exist. He was just enjoying the fun and warmth given by the boys. He was just too happy to see his sister smiling sincerely brightly again.

" Those laughs just keeps me alive." Shoyo shook his head slightly with a smile. He's still debating if he should tell them why they're here. But what's there to hide? They're now in danger. Because of him. I should tell them, he thought. Hiding won't change anything.

He stood up, dusted off his pants and stepped out to make food.

In the middle of eating their breakfast, Kuroo broke the silence between them, " Hey, Hinata."

Shoyo looked up just when he's about to shove another spoonful, " Hm?"

" Ah . . nevermind." He muttered an continue to eat. He can't bring himself to ask why they're here. Kenma told him his conversation with Hinata the day before yesterday, but he said Shoyo avoided the question.

Every now and then, they take a quick glance at the ginger who's eating quietly. The first one to stand up was him, soon followed by Rintarou, and the others. The redhead sat on the couch after Hanamaki and Matsukawa volunteered to wash the dishes. And soon followed by the others and they sat on the other couches and some on the floor, and they stared at the redhead who's quietly watching tv.

The chatters from the screen was shut down, and they saw Shoyo holding the tv remote up and placed it back down, " Why are you guys staring at me?"

" You're . . weird." That sure surprised the ginger-head. Am I, he asked to himself. How though? He's pretty sure that he's just finding ways to survive here and how to get to San Diego without getting caught.

Shoyo tilted his head in confusion, " How do you say so?"

They gathered in front him, huddled up as the stared at the ginger head, which made him more confuse, " You're . . so COOL!!" Atsumu exclaimed, which caught the ginger off guard.

" You hold the gun like a pro!" and the compliments soon flood in and bombarded the ginger head, who looks like he's drowning with many of them boys speaking to him.

The ginger head was obviously shocked. Are they not wondering why they're here? he asked to himself. Though he can't bring himself with the boys' unfinished compliments.

As much as they want to ask him why he learned how to shoot a gun, they avoided the question to prevent the happy mood to fell in silence. Shoyo could only laugh and giggle talking to them, a thing he didn't realized he hadn't done in for what feels like in a long time.

" And how did you even buy this place? it's huge." Koganegawa said, head turning and eyes examining the place.

Here goes nothing, " I stole it." The ginger simply replied. The room fell silent as Koganegawa turned his head to him slowly, " Eh?"

Shoyo shrugged along with a simple head tilt, " I know. A crime."

Kenma had no expression written on his face other than tiredness and blank, as if he had already known this thing and Shoyo seemed to notice that. While the others sat and stood there shock, even Tsukishima and Kageyama.

" H-How . ." Kuroo stuttered, and Shoyo yet again answered with a shrug, " Things. I know things here."

" The-Then what if someone found out and then they throw you in jail?"

" They won't. At least for now. Unless one of you will speak." The boys shook their head, knowing that it's probably for them to survive.

Feeling the sudden gloomy mood, Shoyo speak up, " Don't worry. I'll get you out of here. Just, bare with us. Can you do that for me?" Shoyo plead, eyes full of hope for their answers.

Without hesitation, Atsumu spoke, " Even though I'm still lost of what's happening now, I'll stay here if needed."

" I can hack accounts for Shoyo if he needs any of my help."

" I'm fine with anything he wants me to do." and so on, the others agreed and said that they'll stay if needed to survive in this place. Except for Rintarou, who turned their heads to, still haven't gave his answers.

" I . . I don't know. I'll breathe, I guess." and turned his attention back to his phone charging in the corner. Small laughs filled the room, chuckles left their lips, as eyes stared lovingly at the ginger head. It felt really normal for them boys, but different for Shoyo. Like he's back to square one, he have to get used to talking with them. His and Masaya's unforgettable conversation lingered in his mind.

You know you are different from them. The world you live in is different from theirs. Have you forgotten that? Though he kept his smile at his boys on the outside, he can feel the heavy weight in his chest, it's suffocating him internally.

But because of your sensitive heart, you got attached. You get yourself close to them, and now they're here. With genuine happiness, his eyes looked at each and one of them, examining their faces he hadn't seen for what feels like in a very long time.

Your love is the reason why they got involve with this. He want to stop feeling guilty. For once, he wants to stop blaming himself. But what that man said was so true. He have a soft spot somewhere in his heart for them all. No wonder he forgave them so easily, especially a certain college student he love who had no intention assaulting him.

Kenma noticed the boy all quiet, " Shoyo, are you okay?"

Shoyo snapped out of his thoughts, eyes wandering around and to the pudding head. He nodded shortly and smiled slightly, " Peachy."

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

thank you for reading
hwe-yi

__________________