AEAI 2 - I Won't.

"Watch," Ella stands from where we've been waiting in the living room for another possible roommate, "I'll go into the bathroom and he'll show up."

"Then hurry up and go," I chuckle, "I'm tired of waiting."

"I'm leaving the door open," she yells over her shoulder as she takes fast baby step to her bathroom.

Shaking my head, I don't even reply. This is typical Ella. We've been friends since we were born. Aunt Becca's been friends with Dad since they were teenagers and did a movie together. Even though El drives me nuts, she's like my third sister.

As soon as she shuffles her way into the bathroom, there's a knock on the front door. 

"I freaking told you!"

A smile forms on my lips as I make my way to the door, "Hurry up, I'm not waiting for you to start."

"You're a douche, Blain," she calls out.

Ignoring her remark, I open the door to see a gorgeous tall blonde male standing in front of me. I have to look him over for a second before I speak. He's taller than me, which is a feat as I'm six foot. And let's not talk about his pale blue eyes hidden behind those geek chic glasses.

"Well, hello there. Are you Henry?"

Nodding, he awkwardly lifts his hand, "Yes, you must be Blain."

I take his outstretched palm and give it a good shake, "That's me."

"Nice to meet you," he comments politely as he drops his hand.

I give him a smile. Gesturing inside the house, I step out of his way, "Come on in. Ella will be out in a second. We want to get to know you a little bit before we let you move in."

He nods as he makes his way to the living room, "That's fair."

"Yea, we've interviewed a few crazies." When he doesn't move from his stance next to one of the couches, I place a hand on his shoulder, "You can sit anywhere you'd like."

Tilting his head a bit, he gives me a confused look, "Alright."

"This is my favorite couch," I point to the red couch against the wall. We have four of them in here - red, blue, brown, and olive green - plus Ella's oversized grey arm chair that we call 'the beast'. She's the only one that will sit in it because I think it smells like broccoli. "You can join me if you'd like."

What can I say, he's attractive and it's been a couple days since I've gotten any. If this roommate thing doesn't work out, maybe I'll get to know him another way.

"Why do you have so many couches?" he asks looking around the room as we take our seats.

Shrugging, I explain, "More variety. If I get bored with this couch, I can go to one of the others."

As I finish the sentence, I barely see the little brunette before she's barreling into me. Another Ella trait, she's a bit out of control. She fixes her short hair as she sits up on me.

"Henry," I say pushing her off my lap, "this is Ella. El, Henry."

"Nice to meet you," she extends her hand out to him as she takes her seat in the beast.

He nods, "You too."

"Now," I start, "Let's get to know you."

"Alright."

"We know your name is Henry, but who are you?" Ella asks.

"Well, um, I'm an administrative assistant. I'm twenty-two. I'm pretty quiet," he shrugs as if he doesn't know what else to say.