Chapter 23

STREAM 'I CAN'T STOP ME'

Tzuyu

As I heard an impatient knock on my door, I hurried, arranged the sheets of music together, put it in my bag and rushed to open the door. 

I found Jimin and Chae Young waiting outside. As soon as they saw me, Chae Young complained, "Why aren't you dressed yet?" 

I looked down at my clothes and wondered what she was talking about. When I didn't respond immediately, Jimin hurried to say, "Chae Young didn't mean it in a bad way. You look very pretty. But..." 

Chae Young corrected herself too and said, "Of course, you look pretty no matter what you wear, but that dress is too simple for this occasion." Jimin nodded his head enthusiastically.

Once more I looked at what I was wearing

Once more I looked at what I was wearing. Maybe my thoughts had been correct. I looked like a primary school student because of the turtleneck and the red bow. 

My cheeks turned pink and I asked, "Can you guys wait for a bit, while I go change?" 

Jimin nodded and walked forward as if to sit inside, but Chae Young said, "No no, we are taking you out. You are the star today and you need to be dressed like one." 

I balked and tried to talk her out of it.

"Chae Young-ah, you both are dressed casually. Why can't I dress like that too?"

"Aigoo, kiddo. We aren't dressed yet. We just came to pick you up. We will get dressed after. Our clothes are already prepared."

"Okay then, give me a minute. I am sure that I'll be able to find something presentable too."

"Yes yes. I know that but this isn't a simple party now, is it? Ask Jimin."

I tried to make my eyes look as pitiful as possible as I looked at Jimin but he wasn't going to cooperate with me. 

He said, "Of course. This is a huge gala, but don't you worry. You've got us." 

I flashed him a sarcastic smile as he grinned without regret. Both of them pushed me outside my own house and into their car. Chae Young took the wheel and drove us somewhere I didn't know. 

But when I stepped outside the car, I was standing outside the most popular boutique in the city, considering that we were in Seoul. Chae Young grabbed my arm as she dragged me towards the revolving walls with Jimin following us as he coolly whistled along.

As soon as the staff saw Jimin and Chae Young, two of them rushed to our side. Jimin gave both of them flirtatious smiles as they turned pink. Chae Young asked them for something and they ran away to do her bidding. 

Finally, turning towards me, she said, "This is Jimin's noona's boutique. Jisoo eonni is the best designer that I know." 

I nodded and looked at Jimin. He only shrugged but I could see the hidden pride for her in his eyes. He knew that his noona was the best. We sat down as the staff rolled over some aisles of party gowns for me. I was fascinated by designs and the colors which I had never come across ever before.