8- 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺

❝'𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 ...

𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶❞

— 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩

━━━━❰・❉・❱━━━━

If you think New Years is a holiday that Chika looks forward to, you'd be wrong. In fact, she is not alone. The majority of the Sohma family have similar opinions about it too.

For as long as she can remember, the noirette has dreaded the holiday, since she is to attend the zodiac banquets, along with all the other members. This is due to the fact that the spirit of the panda is born into the family once every century or so after the death of the previous one, and her presence would make this generation more fortunate.

Upon hearing Shigure mentioning the banquet as her, Yuki and Kyo are seated at the table, Chika sighs in annoyance, remembering that it is in a week.

"I'm not going!" Yuki and Kyo firmly say.

"I haven't been back in four months, so why should I break the streak just because it's New Years?" Kyo asks pointedly as him, Yuki and Chika start eating the hotpot that Tohru prepared.

"If I show up for the banquet now, what was the point of me leaving?" Yuki adds shortly after.

"Yeah... but, at least make an appearance." Shigure sheepishly says. "Or else you're going to upset-"

"No, I'm not going!" Both of the boys exclaim, cutting him off, despite knowing that Akito won't be pleased.

Shigure lets out a sigh, before looking towards Chika, who hasn't said a word so far. Before he has the chance to ask her to back him up, the noirette cuts him off.

"Count me out too." She says disinterestedly, now having the courage to not attend. "I went back to the estate not that long ago, and I have no intention of going back again so soon."

Her words prompt Shigure to let out a loud sigh and scratch his head in annoyance.

"Is everything okay? It's sounds like everyone's unhappy about something." Tohru asks as she walks into the room, noticing the tension between the four of them.