Pre-Chapter 2 The lies to come back

~Julie~

The party was in fully swing, as I heard the doorbell ring.

“I’ll get it!” I shouted to Alec who was grinning at a very pretty girl with green eyes and light brown eyes. I made my way through the dancing teens, to the doorbell. I opened the door, they stood Wyatt. His brown hair messy, but looking nice. His brown eyes met mine, feeling my gaze on him.

“Hey, happy birthday!” He said happily pulling me into a hug.

“Thanks.” I said my voice muffled by his chest. “Come join the party, Daisy wants to have a count down when Alec and I are officially sixteen.” I said stepping back to let him in, I walked to the living room. I could feel Wyatt’s breathe on the back of my neck, making the hairs rise there.

“Come on, everyone! It’s three forty five, ready?” Daisy yelled slinging an arm around me.

“Ten!” Everyone shouted, I grinned standing next to my two best friends and Alec in front of me.

“Nine!” I felt someone brush my hair back, I looked to see Wyatt. I smiled at him.

“Eight!” I felt anxious for some reason, Alec looked excited.

“Seven, six, five, four!”

“Three! Two! One!” Everyone shouted, the clock changed to three forty six. I am sixteen now.

“Yay! You’re sixteen now! Now you can drive me to school!” Alyssa said in my ear over the noise. I nodded, I suddenly noticed Wyatt and Alec tense both looking like they were trying not to move.

Daisy looked at Alec he gave her a small nod, I gave him a confused glance. When did he keep stuff form me? Someone ran up to me and gave me a bear hug, picking me up.

“Happy birthday!” Robert yelled, which cause me to flinch, then laugh.

I heard a low growl behind me, I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at Robert.

“Are you drunk?” I asked him, he was swaying gently his eyes weren’t focused.

“A little bit.” He said holding his hand out to show me how much. I let out a small laugh.  I guess I am bringing him home, I smiled as he went off to somewhere. I sat on the couch, someone sat next to me.

“Hey, why are you here? You should be partying.” Wyatt said, I shrugged and cupped my head in my hand. He scooched closer my thigh touching his, I felt a pull towards him. I just wanted to hug him.

“Can I hug you?” I asked hopefully, wait what?

“What kind of question is that?” He asked laughing, “Of course, it’s your birthday.” He said holding out his arm, I opened mine and hugged him back, resting my head on his chest. This felt nice, two friends hugging.

“I think Alec is flirting up a storm with some hookers.” I said, sighing.

“I don’t think so.” Wyatt replied simply, I looked at him.

“Let’s dance.” He said standing up pulling me with him. I nodded and we went to the make shift dance floor. I didn’t really know how to dance, so we slow danced. It was easy right? I placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his hand on my hip.

“So, do you like anyone?” He asked trying to sound causal. I started to choke on my spit. What?

“Um, I think I like someone.” I replied not, really wanting to talk about this.

“Really? Who?” He questioned. I shook my head, not wanting to give him a reply. I scanned the dance floor and I saw Alyssa talking to Alec, she had a grin on her face but, I could see in her eyes she was confused.