cнapтer 2

Just then the power went out. My first thought was, Holy shit whats going on? Robert put his hand on my shoulder to make sure I wasn't freaking out. Groans grew as everyone left the party disappointed. Matt and I were talking with Robert and Conner. We all started out the door to head home. In the parking lot, Matt says " Allie, we are going home". I rolled my eyes and turned to Robert. "Hey, look. I had a good time. We should do this again", I said smiling. Robert smiled from ear to ear and he nodded. I turned to our blue Mustang and got into the passenger side.
It was a quiet car ride home. We pulled up into the drive way as our father was packing stuff into the cop car. I got out nervously. "Dad, is everything going to be okay?"
"Everything will be fine Allie, I just need to go investigate the power outage." My Dad said comforting me and pulling Matt and I into a hug. I missed these family moments. They never really happen anymore. "Well you kids get inside. Its dangerous", our father said as he shot us a smile and drove away.
We started up the driveway onto the porch when we saw Jed.
Jed? What the hell is he doing here?
Matt was furious and we walked inside without saying a word to our brother.
That night Jed slept on the couch.