cнapтer 3

I was woken up by our house rumbling and roaring noises coming from outside. I didn't know what was going on, but in times of panic, my father said to always get Matt, my belongings and get the hell out of the house. This was definitely one of those times.
I shot out of bed, rummaged through my drawers for a pair of jeans. As soon as I found one, I slid them on, got my black converse on and put on a black hoodie in a hurry. I grabbed my phone and a backpack with food and water inside.
I ran down the stairs and out of the house. Jed and Matt were already outside. We look up and see dozens of large aircraft with soldiers parachuting from them. One plane gets shot down by a ground-to-air missile and crashes into a nearby house. It explodes and the house bursts into flames.
Jed snaps us out of our state of shock and starts running to his pick up truck. We followed without hesitation. Jed speeds down our street dodging other military vehicles. I saw a cop car speeding towards us.
"JED STOP. ITS DAD!" I screamed at him.
Both vehicles skid to a stop and Jed rolls down the window.
"Stay on my ass!" Our Dad shouts as he starts driving away.
We follow him towards the outskirts of town. A trooper comes out of the air, still attached to a parachute, with a gun pointed directly at me through the windshield. Jed sped up and ran him over and kept driving. I glance back then look straight ahead again, terrified.
We witness a military car crash into our fathers. I gasp, anxious to see if he is alright.
He waves at us, I suddenly felt relief.
"Go to the cabin. Now!"
Jed nods and speeds away.
Speeding past our friends house, they come out of the house like they knew we were coming. They leaped into the bed of the truck.
Jed hits reverse and jams it into drive and speeds the hell out of town.