Meeting Ignitus

"Spyro, so, ah, me and the old man were chatting and this whole belonging thing, you know, came up and we decided that best friends belong together.....even if one of them is purple and does have some weight issues." Sparx said he never could miss out on an opportunity to tell a joke. "Weight issues, huh?" And Spyro never missed a chance to retaliate. "At least I've never been turned into a lantern." "Oh please! Lantern shmantern. Let's see what's out there." Sparx said, and the inseparable duo were off on a journey that took them to places they did not know. Their journey really begins when a series of ominous roars frighten the duo into a cave. "Breath, Sparx old boy....go to your happy place!" Sparx screamed. "What in the world was that?" Spyro asked, scared and confused. "I have no idea, but I'm going this way ....far from it." Sparx stated as they both set off into the cave where they ran into someone who they did not know. "And I thought you were a big one. Goodness." Sparx said, this creature was exactly like Spyro but at least twice his size and red in color. This dragon was none other than Ignitus, the same dragon who sent Spyro to the swamp and saved him. "You're... you're alive? But it's too late... too late..." Ignitus said, proud that Spyro was alive but distraught as he might be too late to save the other guardians and the temple. "Too late for what? Who are you? Do you know me? Where do I come from? What are you? ...What are we? ...WHAT AM I!?!" Spyro had so many questions to ask this creature who was clearly the same species as him. "You mean you don't know?" Ignitus asked, amazed that this young dragon did not know his own species. "Does it sound like he knows." Sparx said matter of factly. "You're a Dragon." Ignitus told Spyro.  "When you were just an egg, it was my job to protect you...it was my job to protect all of you." Ignitus said with great sorrow in his voice. "There are others?" Spyro asked. "Others? There were. There were four of us, Guardians that is, and we had one job: ensure that all the eggs were hatched. It was the Year of the Dragon, after all, and our very survival depended on those eggs... but the Temple and Grotto are now gone... overrun by..." Ignitus said unable to finish his sentence as the horrible memories came flooding back. "Temple? What Temple? Can you take me? Can I see it? Where I came from, I mean?" Spyro wondered, he had so many questions to ask this creature who claims to know so much. "No. No. Who knows what forces occupy the Temple now. What state it's in. You don't understand. After they came for you....." "They? Who is They? And why did they come for me?"

I'm back!! Sorry again for not updating I have just had a lot on my plate recently and it has just been hard to focus on these sorts of things. But don't worry I'll try to update all of my stories when I get around to it 

-Spooder-Mann74