Chapter Four: You're my tutor?

Julie's POV:

So the next subject that I have is math.  Math, my worst subject of all time.  I wander around the halls until I find the class.  I walk in, and to my surprise I see Luke, sitting down, writing something in his notebook.  I walk up to him and say, "Hey Luke." "Oh, h-hey Julie, I... um didn't expect to see you here!" he says as he chuckles nervously.  "Uh huh, good to see you too Luke." I say to him.  "Okay students, take your seats!" I hear our teacher say.  I sit in the empty desk right beside Luke's.  "Okay so today we will be learning about algebra so..."  I begin to tune her out. 
"-lie, Julie," "Y-yes?" "I asked do you understand the math." my teacher says "Uhhh... not really." I say back to her.  "Okay meet me after class."  She continues on with the lesson, and I continue to tune her out.

Luke's POV:

Math my next subject.  I love math only because it's my best subject, we aside from music of course.  I walk into the class, and I notice that I'm a couple minuets early, so I whip out my music notebook, and I begin to write some lyrics.  "Hey Luke!" I hear a familiar voice say.  "Oh, h-hey Julie, I... um didn't expect to see you here!" I say to her with a smile.  "Uh huh, good to see you too Luke." she says with a confused look on her face.   "Okay students, take your seats!" I hear our teacher say.  I watch as Julie quickly sits in the seat right next to mine.  "Okay so students today, we will be learning about algebra.  Please turn to page 157 in your math textbooks."  I take out my textbook, and I flip through it to find the page.  As the teacher explains the math, I notice Julie's look of confusion, the teacher asks if she explains the math and she says no.  After, the teacher gives me a look saying 'you too Luke meet me after class' I nod, and he continues to teach.

BRINGGGGG

Julie's POV:

"Okay class is dismissed!  See you all tomorrow.  Luke, Julie come see me." I walk up to the teacher and he says, "Julie since I noticed you struggling in math today, Luke will be your tutor!  You guys can work out your own time.  If in the next 2 months your math improves, you will not need a tutor anymore,  but if your math has not improved I will need to get you another tutor.  I will call your parents and let them know." "Parent.  Singular"  I say in my head.  "Okay thank you Mr. Chan." .  We both walk out of class and Luke says, "Bye Julie, see ya after school!" he says as he waves at me "Yup after school!" I say as I smile.  I walk to my locker and see Flynn waiting for me.  'What took you so long?" she asks me, "Well Mr. Chan needed me to stay behind for a little bit.  As you know, my math isn't the best, so he asked Luke to tutor me for the next two months, so I don't know how much time we'll have to hangout." "Eh it's okay, and I understand, school is more important.  And plus, your marks need to be average to be in the music program.  This guy in my class was failing at science and math, and they kicked him out. So I think it's for the best." she says to me.  "Awe, thanks Flynn.  And plus, I'm glad that it was Luke, and not some random stranger." I say.  Then Flynn gives me a look, "What?" I ask her.  "Oh nothing, nothing." she says as she smiles.  "Whatever, we gotta get to science, we don't wanna be late!" I say to her as I roll my eyes and grab her arm.  

Luke's POV:

"Wow you're smiling, more than usual." Alex says as I walk out of math.  "Wh-what are you talking about?" I ask.  "Okay Luke what is it?" Reggie asks me, "Ugh, okay.  Mr. Chan asked me to be Julie's math tutor because apparently she is struggling." I say to them.  "Uh huh, and why are you so happy about that?" Reggie asks, "Well I'm happy that he asked me to tutor someone that I know, instead of some random person.  That's all." I say to him.  "Yeah, okay, sure" Alex says.  I roll my eyes, and we begin to walk to our next class