Chapter Twenty Eight: Jacket

Julie's POV

I wake up to sound of my alarm going off.  I look at my alarm clock, and I see that it's 7:30.  I jump out of my bed and I slip on a pair of jeans, and a short tank top.   When I leave my house, I go over to Luke's only to see that the boys were there too.  "Hey guys!" I say as I wave at them.  "Hey Julie." Reggie says as he's looking at his phone.  "Hey." Willie and Alex say in unison.  "Oh by the way Luke Flynn said she's coming over in 5 mineuts.  She said that she has something she wants to tell us." Reggie says as he puts his phone in his pocket. 

A couple minuets later. Flynn arrives, and she stands in front of the fire place and says, "Okay guys, I have some news!  I booked you guys a gig tonight!  It's at this tiny cafe place, but there will be a lot of managers there, so you guys might want to be prepared." we all look at each other and before we say anything she interrups, "And I know, am I the best manager, or am I the best manager!" "You're the best manager ever!" Reggie says as he goes to give Flynn a hug.  Okay that was definetly a bit odd.  They can't possibly like... like each other right?  But like if they did that would be like Flynn liking my older brother and that's definitely a bit weird.  

When we get to school, I realize that the AC was turned on, and that was a bit unfortunate because I did not bring a sweater to school.  I'm pretty sure Luke noticed because he took off his jean jacket and gave it to me.  He was wearing a black sleevless shirt that said rock and roll, and holy shmoley, his muscles.  "Take it, it was making me uncomfortable anyways." he said as I take it from him.  I put it on, and it's still warm from when we was wearing it .

"OMG Julie!  Is that Lukes jacket!" Flynn teases.  "Ugh Flynn, it's nothing.  I was just cold that's all, it doesn't mean anything." I says as I roll my eyes.   "Mhm, just keep telling yourself that." she says as she walks away with her arms crossed.  "Hey what's that supposed to mean." I say as I chase after her.  "Hey Jules, all I'm saying is that, you and Luke have been best friends for a couple of months now okay?  I think you should tell him how you feel, or else this man is going to get another fucking girlfriend and you're going to die inside just like the first time.  And yes Julie, there are many, many girls chasing after your Lukey.  So if you don't want him ending up with another bitch who thinks she's better then everyone else, then you need to own up to your feelings, and tell him the truth.  You never know, he could feel the same Jules, but you'll never know if you don't tell him.". 

 Flynn was right.  Almost every single time Luke and I are hanging out, girls always try to get together with him, but he always says no.  Who knows if the next time he does say yes to one of the girls and then I die inside all over again just like the last time. 

Luke's POV

When we enter the school, I notice that Julie is wearing nothing but a tank top inside.  I can see her shaking a little bit, so I take my jean jacket off, and I give it to her.  She looks at me and I tell her to take it beause it was making me uncomfortable.  I've always hated wearing jackets, but my uncle tells me to wear it because he doesn't want me getting sick so I do.  The smile on her face when she wears it, makes me smile.

When school finishes, we all head over to Julie's house to practice for our upcoming gig that we have tonight.  "Okay boys, time to rehearse, I need my eye candy." Flynn says as she winks at Reggie and takes a bite out of her apple.  Julie looks at them and then she walks over to me.  "You don't think they are like..." "No Jules, no way.  Not once has Reggie ever talked about Flynn." I say to her.  "Yeah same with Flynn, she's never talked about Reggie.  But I feel like there's definitely something going on between them." she says as she crosses her arms.

For the rest of the practice we both notice Flynn and Reggie smiling at each other and Reggie winked at her a couple times.  When we finish our pratice session, we all head back to our own houses to change and get ready tonight.

Julie's POV

When I get back to my room, I see Luke's black jean jacket sitting on my chair, and then I get an idea.  I look over to Luke's room, and I see that he's wearing a black rock 'n roll shirt with black jeans.  I put on a black jean skirt, a black tank top, and a belt.

(Julie's dress, btw she doesn't wear the watch, sunglasses or scrunchie)

I  put my hair down and I apply some mascara, a light shade of lipstick, and then I put some perfume on my neck and my wrists

I  put my hair down and I apply some mascara, a light shade of lipstick, and then I put some perfume on my neck and my wrists.  I then put Luke's jean jacket to complete my outfit.

*PING* I pick up my phone, and I realize that it's a text from Luke.

Luke:

Hey Julie

Me:

Hey Luke, what's up?

Luke:

Nothing much, just waiting on Reggie and Alex, and I also just wanted to check up on you before the show.  How r u feeling?

Me:

Uh well, I'm a bit nervous, but I think I'll be okay.  How bout you?

Luke:

Well, I'm kind of nervous that I'm gonna mess up, but yeah, I should be fine.  And uh Julie I think we'll meet you there.  Reggie is taking forever as always.

Me:

Oh okay I'll see you there!

Luke:

Yup, adios

I turn my phone off, and I head downstairs only to see Flynn sitting in the living room on her phone.  "I'm ready to go Flynn." I say as I approach her.  "Ooo girl I see you wearing Luke's jacket lookin all cool.  I'm telling you when Luke see's you in this, hes gonna flippp!" she says as she jumps off the  couch.  I grab my car keys, and we both get into the car.

Luke's POV

"C'mon Reggie, we're gonna be late.  Julie is waiting for us at the cafe.  We can't be late." I say as I knock on the bathroom door.   "Okay, okay guys gimme a sec!" he says.  "Dude you said that 20 minuets ago, c'mon!" Alex says as he tries to open the door.  "HOLD ON A SECOND!" he yells from inside.  "I swear to god Reggie if you don't get out of the bathroom in the next 5 seconds, the both of us are going to come in there and drag you out of there!".  We both begin to knowck on the door.

"OKAY GUYS I GET IT!" he says as he opens the door.  When he gets out, Alex and I both look at each other.  "Reg you've gotta be kidding me.  You took 45 minuets in the bathroom, just to come out looking the exact same?" Alex face palms himself, and walks away from the bathroom door and heads downstairs.  I follow him, and so does Reggie, and then we head to the car.

"Hey boys, I guess you decided to show up, c'mon you're up in 20 minuets." .  We see Flynn leaning against the front door.  "C'mon guys Julie's waiting for you backstage." she says with a smirk as she leads us backstage.  "Oh my gosh!  Where have you guys been?" Julie asks as she gives me  hug.  "Sorry Jules, our buddy Reggie here decided to talk a million years in the bathroom." I say as we let go.  Flynn giggles and smiles at Reggie and he smiles back.  When I get a full look of Julie, I realize something.