【Chapter 8】

❝ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

As (Y/N) flew back towards the mountains and to the tavern, the people that were In the middle of a fight looked up towards the sky and knew who it was, but did not dare to go and chase after her, that would be an idiot move especially while fighting a couple of the strongest people in the world. 

Getting back to the fight they gave blows after blows, and well, you know the rest.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ---- •°*"˜.•°*"˜

*(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Arriving at the entrance of the tavern I opened the door as Escanor was yet again cleaning some empty beer cups, I would never be able to figure out why he keeps cleaning some already clean bottles, he probably drank them but when I offered him a cup he refused, though I just met him two days ago so okay.

Walking over to the table I got a cup from under the counter and poured me a drink, going over to the table again and finally sitting down in one of the tables chairs. I took a sip as the addicting liquid went down my throat, peace, and quiet is just so beautiful-. Though before I was able to indulge more in the taste of the ale the door swung open revealing a girl with purple short hair and dirted clothes carrying a little girl with bright blonde hair and black dress who looked like she was about to attend my enemies funeral, along with a pointy white-haired....oh wait I sadly know him.

Sighing, I get up and placed my drink at the round table as I walked towards the three. The girl looked up at me in alarm, seemingly alert about everything, but on the other hand, Escanor seemed pretty shaken up and just gave me that look that he allowed me to do the talking.

The girl with a panted breath shakily said,  "Can you please help us? I can barely carry these two after me and that man had been attacked, please I'll do anything just let us hide here for a bit." The girl was definitely out of energy and wasn't even able to express much emotion other than helplessness, fear, and tiredness. 

I looked over at Escanor to tell me what I should be doing with them, surprisingly enough he began to talk.  "Sure you three can just hide in my volt. Sorry though, that's the safest in this whole place, well, I do have my own personal warrior here as well. She will surely protect you guys."

The girl lazily nodded in agreement as her legs started to wobble, quickly holding her bridal style as the others were magically put in my back I went towards the volt which Escanor opened while I was being a hero. Entering the volt, I put the three in the ground. Though as much as I wanted to stay there and keep them warm I had duties to fulfill, so I went excited the volt and into the tavern, only this time I sensed two powerful auras arriving soon.

"Listen Escanor, you are to enter the volt and stay there got it? I'll stay here and deal with those pests." I walked towards Escanor as I was ready to grab his hand, though he took back his hand before I was able to drag him in there.

 "Though I appreciate you trying to protect me I wish to stay here and guard my tavern as well, It's my tavern and I shall protect it not matter what." Escanor said in a determined tone, something about the words that he said put a bit of unease in my gut, must have been the fact that he is weak. 

 I frowned in annoyance, "Listen, partner, even though this may be your tavern I'm not so sure of you having the strength to protect it from what's about to happen if you don't go inside that volt right now." I went to go grab his wrist, though before I could I was again rudely interrupted by a sound. Looking up I saw Galand and Melascula, the commandment of truth and the other of faith.

I quickly used my wings to protect Escanor as I used to magic to make the volt lock, but very quietly of course. Starring up at the two, they starred up at me as well. Wishing to make a move I was about to summon one of my favorite weapons, though the hand of Escanor made me stop as I backed down a bit, just a bit.

Escanor shook his head no signaling not to do anything and just stay alert. However, just when I was about to protest there came a look on Escanors eye that made me wary, but somehow, in the end, I agreed and let him do the talking.

 "Welcome, what would you like to drink?" 

(ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ! ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴍ ꜱᴏ ɪ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏꜱ. ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ!)

 ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ!)