𝒗. edmund the decoy

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟓

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟓. Edmund The Decoy

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     "Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?"

     "They'll have him taken to the Witch's house," Mr. Beaver responded shortly. "You know what they say: There's few that go through them gates that come out again."

     "Fish 'n chips?" Mrs. Beaver offered. A plate of said food was carried to the tiny dinner table where the two different parties sat — excluding Edmund, who was perched by the window. She placed a hand on a worried Lucy's arm. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

     "Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move!"

     "Who's Aslan?" Edmund hopped off the windowsill and approached the table.

     Without missing a beat, the male beaver erupted in laughter and nudged Mrs. Beaver, assuming they were joking. "'Who's Aslan'? You cheeky little blighter."

     Mrs. Beaver hit his arm twice. He acknowledged her, his cackles reducing to light chuckles, and when he did, she motioned to the humans in front of them. Mr. Beaver gathered that they were nothing but puzzled and had since then settled down.

     "You don't know, do you?"

     "We haven't exactly been here long to find out." Katherine told.

     "Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia. A-And the Mother of Narnia — she's here too!"

     "The Mother of Narnia?" Susan raised her eyebrows.

"Sure, she's this land's guardian! Aslan's been away for a long while, but Eden visits time to time." Mrs. Beaver informed.

"But they've just got back! And they're waiting for you near the Stone Table!" Mr. Beaver thrusted a finger their way.

Katherine had glanced at Peter and Susan when they did the same thing. A wordless, understanding connection was exchanged between them — what do they have to do with this? The curious expression on her face couldn't help but morph into one of utter confusion as names that held regal statuses loomed over the table.

"They're waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"You're blooming joking. They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver was in disbelief by the lack of knowledge they had about Narnia. Mrs. Beaver then gestured to their guests, silently encouraging him to continue.