𝒊𝒙. the lion, the witch & the mother

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟗

𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe ──── 𝟎𝟗. The Lion, The Witch & The Mother

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     "Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy teased lightheartedly, earning a chuckle from the boy.

     "Really, you'll choke if you don't slow down." Chewing on a buttered toast, Katherine warned.

Although he nodded, it didn't stop him from continuing to scarf down his lunch much to her dismay. She didn't bother scolding him though; she figured he'd been deprived (mistreated) under the Witch's watch.

     "I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey." Peter, his back propped against a rock, commented.

     "We're going back?" Susan questioned.

"You are." He pushed himself upright using his foot and sat beside Edmund on the blanket. "And Kath, I know you were the one to promise Mum you'd look out for us, but look what's happened since we arrived. I think you should go too. It doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help."

     "But they need us. All five of us," said Lucy.

     "Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed! And Kathy was close to having her leg torn off."

     The oldest grimaced at Peter's words.

     "Which is why we have to stay," Edmund gently argued. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it. I should have said this before, but. . . I'm sorry. I deserved what I got."

Katherine shook her head. "No. No, you don't. Do you really think you deserve the mistreatment after having arrived here with no knowledge of the Witch's intentions? You're just a little boy."

"I took the Turkish delights!" Edmund exclaimed, leaning forward and almost sitting on his knees. He sat back down, hands on either side of his crossed legs. "It's my fault, even if I didn't know what I was doing. I have to redeem myself someway; that's why I'm staying. I owe a lot to these people."

     Lucy took his hand comfortingly.

     "I suppose that's it then." Susan abruptly stood from the table and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Peter inquired.

Everyone's eyes followed her as she picked up her quiver of arrows and her bow. Leaving, she said, "To get in some practice."