The one that got away...

Quick Note: I wrote this one shot into a Haikyuu ship, but later on I felt like I wanted it into Taekook too. So, please enjoy it- LaLoriXo💎

Also, please excuse me if you see any mistakes.

••••

Jeon Jungkook had been accepted as an intern into one of the biggest hospitals of Tokyo.

When Jungkook received the letter of his acceptance his parents encouraged him to try it out. Jungkook had debated for days if he should take this opportunity or not, when he finally made his decision his parents were the first to congratulate him.

Jungkook knew that this job required a lot of responsibility and courage, which he still hadn't mastered, but his parents had convinced him otherwise, they were his first support. There's a first time for everything, Jungkook was willing to give this a try. After all he had studied medicine for a long time and this was his chance to make his parents proud.

He knew that this won't be easy the least. Having to work with doctors that have years and years of experience thrilled him, which also terrified him. But he hopes that he will do his best and one day stand beside those doctors as one of them, head held high.

Jungkook sighed before walking through the hospital doors, holding a file of papers in his hands while making his way towards the nurse sitting behind the receptionist desk with lots of papers scattered round her. When he finally stopped in front of the desk he stared at the nurse who was going through files and still hadn't noticed him.

Jungkook looked around and awkwardly shifted from his position leaning closer, clearing his throat so that the nurse could acknowledge his presence, and to his luck she did. Her head shot up with eyes growing wide when she saw the curled hired boy looking at her, she was startled a bit but quickly composed herself then she raised her eyebrows motioning for Jungkook to speak.

Jungkook wasn't much of a talker. Being born in a small family of 3 meant that he was the only child in the family, and since he was young he was used to being alone, his only cousin came to visit him once or twice a year and he was the only childhood friend he had. By the time he was in kindergarten he stopped interacting with the other kids, he had gotten used to being alone and preferred it that way.

He was an introverted child.

"Hi... I'm the new intern Jeon Jungkook. I'm supposed to meet Doctor Kim," Jungkook spoke, his voice was low but enough for the nurse to hear him. He tried keeping the conversation as short as possible.

The nurse behind the desk blinked a few times before standing up and with a bright smile she nodded. She walked around the desk now standing in front of Jungkook, "I remember now. Nice to meet you, Jeon Jungkook. I'll take you to the doctor's office now, please follow me." She said smiling as she motioned him to follow her, guiding him into another corridor towards the long stairs.

"Now, how old are you Jungkook?" The nurse asked while the boy shifted his eyes around the hospital taking in everything, passing by many patients who were being guided by their doctors or nurses.

"I'm 23, Miss." Jungkook responded, finally looking at the nurse who hummed beside him.

The hospital was separated into different parts that Jungkook had yet to learn of; the corridors took you to different, respective parts, depending on the patient's condition. The two finally stopped as they were in another part of the hospital now, "I forgot to introduce myself, sorry. I am Sakura, please call me that.", Jungkook nodded and she smiled making her way towards a door that had Doctor Kim tagged on it.