ᎮᏒᎧᏝᎧᎶᏬᏋ

Sybil found Edmund intolerable and he found her insufferable and that was that. 

Sybil loved her next door neighbors, the Pevensies but when it came to favorites, it was Lucy all the way. Lucy brought Sybil joy and washed away all the sorrow with her charming smile and her laughter like ringing bells. Lucy had always comforted her after a racist encounter or a bully (she had many bullies).

One day, Sybil was walking home from school at St. Finbar's and she bumped into a blonde girl with and entourage of girls. Sybil spilled her books on the gravel road an quickly ducked down to pick them up.

"Sorry." She mumbled, standing back up strait and fixing her plait braid. She quickly noticed that the girl was Megan Anders. Megan had been Sybil's bully for years.

"Hello." Megan said, crossing her arms and glaring. 

"Hello, Megan." Sybil said, standing strong, not wanting to cry this time.

"Oh, look!" Megan turned to her friends. "Brownie knows how to talk!"

Brownie had been Megan's nickname for Sybil for all those years. Brown was the color of Sybil's skin. She was the only colored student at St. Finbar's.

"Shut up, Megan!" Sybil screamed. "YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN ME BECAUSE YOU'RE AS PALE AS A CLOUD. WELL, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!"

Sybil's plan worked. She didn't cry, nor whine. She yelled. 

Megan gasped and said, "Hm... Well, girls let us be off." 

They walked off.

"Bitch." Sybil mumbled under her breath.

"You shouldn't let them bother you, you know." Came a male voice from across the gravel road.

A handsome young man named Tomas. Sybil recognized him from their math class at St. Finbar's.

"Hello, Tomas." Sybil said smiling and sticking out her hand. He shook it. "I'm Sybil."

"Pleasure, Sybil." Tomas smiled. "Can I hold your books for you?"

"Why, yes." Sybil smiled. 

She thought it was love at first sight... She thought.

Maybe the feeling in her stomach was just a conscience because it was not love that she was feeling. It may have simply been friendship or the hunger in her stomach because she would never see that kind young man again. At least, not in this world. 

She hurriedly stuffed her books into her canvas bag.

"That was a lovely talk, Tomas." Sybil had said. "I hope to see you soon!"

As she walked on she smiled and thought lovely thoughts of Tomas and his many kindnesses. She thought of how she was to let in the cat, Opal without letting the rabbits out once she got home. She thought of Lucy Pevensie and how she would play with her once she got home. Her life was perfect. (Aside from Megan but that didn't seem to cross her mind, for she was in a very good mood.)

What could go wrong?