- Chapter Seven -

Chapter Seven: Not So Bad

———

"I would never work with you. You're all monsters."

"Never is a very long time to believe that there's always going to be good in people, Little Hero."

———

"Home sweet home." Dabi said with a sinister smile, crouching to your level and flicking your forehead. "What're we gonna do with the kid? Hopefully she's not a pro's kid... that would suck."

"I'm sure she's not. No pro has a quirk similar to hers. I don't think." A new person reasoned. "Who are your parents, little lady?" You couldn't make out his face, as it was hidden behind a mask; it almost looked like one of the over-dramatized ones that you would find in a theater, except minimalist.

So you spit on him and started squirming. "Let me go!" You shouted.

"Rather rude, don't you think?" The person sneered, wiping the spit off their mask.

Dabi laughed. "I told you, Compress, this kid's got spunk. Just don't let her touch you. Her quirk is touch-based. She'll freeze you solid."

You bared your teeth at him, humiliated that a bunch of villains had managed to kidnap you when the pros were right there.

When Momo was right there.

"Twice, can you put Little Hero or whatever her name was in a room? I don't want to deal with her right now." Shigiraki hummed.

"Yeah! On it, boss." The man chorused in two different voices. "Anyone got any rope?"

"I think Toga left some laying around before we left. Go crazy. And don't let her touch you." He reminded.

The crowd of six dissipated, Twice beginning to carry you up a set of stairs.

"Hey, Twice, right? What if you let me go? I wouldn't even freeze you. Promise!" You beamed, though doubting that he could see it.

The man laughed as he opened a door. "Nah, Shigiraki would be pissed if I even thought about putting you down."

You groaned.

"Yo, Dabi! Could you please come hold this kid while I tie her up?"

"Yeah, yeah, coming."

The door creaked open and you were handed off to the taller man, who set you down in the chair and restrained your hands behind you.

"I wouldn't move if I were you, or else that burn on your arm might get a little worse." He hissed as Twice finished tying you to the chair.

"Okay! Done." Twice announced, dusting his hands off. "How long are we gonna be keeping this kid?"

"I dunno. Until Shigiraki kills her, I guess." Dabi said with a shrug. "Or until she stops threatening us. One of the two."

You threw your head back and groaned, struggling against the rope. "As much as I hate to say it," you laughed. "This is a really good knot."