- Chapter 6.5 -

//Woah double update? Enjoy this side-chapter!

\Momo's POV/
Chapter 6.5; Words Fail Me, I Failed Her.

———

"I don't... I can't..."

"Where is our daughter?!"

———

Momo woke up to someone standing over her. She was laying on something soft.

Was she in the hospital? Or was she at home?

Maybe she was snuggled in Y/n's bed and everything had just been a bad dream.

"Yaoyorozu Momo, right? You okay?"

"Y/n?" She muttered before she could really grasp the situation, eyes barely opened.

"Ah, I'm sorry kid. Miss L/n's gone. Are you okay? That freaky girl got you good." A somewhat familiar voice said with a laugh. For a second, she thought she saw wings.

"... Hawks?"

"That's good, at least you remember one of the pros. Ey, Eraser! Your kid's up!" Hawks called before he disappeared from view.

"Yaoyorozu? Yaoyorozu, can you hear me?" A face absolutely destroyed with worry appeared, long black hair falling in his face.

"Aizawa-Sensei?" Momo asked weakly. "Where am I?"

Her teacher let out a breath, as if he had been holding it for weeks, and placed a supportive hand on her arm. "You're in the hospital. You lost a lot of blood from that fight with the villains, so we moved you here as soon as we could, your parents are on their wa-"

Momo's eyes widened and she shot straight up in her bed. "Y/n! Oh my god, Y/n was fighting the villains! One of them had her in his arms, where's Y/n?! Is she okay?! Is she here, too? Did you rescue her?! Please tell me she's okay!"

A sad look crossed Aizawa's face. "The villains disappeared with her before we could save her. I'm sorry."

Momo felt tears prick at her eyes. "No." She sobbed, shaking her head. "No, no, Y/n... this wasn't supposed to happen! I told her we should've waited, I told her..."

Aizawa seemed shocked by the girl's response. "Hey, hey, it's okay... everything's going to be okay. We're going to get L/n back."

"But... I was supposed to protect her! I was trying to protect her! This isn't fair, Y/n... it should've been me, Aizawa-Sensei! It should have been me!"

"You cant protect everyone, Yaoyorozu. You got everyone that was trapped out. Leave it to the pros to find L/n."

"No! It doesn't matter if I got everyone out, because I didn't! I didn't get her out! I failed her!"

"Momo." Her teacher snapped. "You didn't fail anyone. L/n chose to fight those villains. She faced the consequences. We will find her, and we will save her."

"... will she still be able to go to UA?"

"I don't know. That's completely up to her parents right now. They didn't even know she was going to UA, so my guess is... probably not." He stood up. "I think Hawks wants to talk to you about the villain attack. I hope to see you in class on Monday. Get some rest, okay?"