Chapter 3

Kageyama's POV

Okay, now. Where the heck was Hinata. I listened for any kinda crashes but didn't hear any. Alright, at least he wasn't breaking anythin-

*Crash*

Nope, never mind. I followed the noise of the crash, turning a corner and seeing Hinata apologizing profusely to Daichi and Ennoshita. Both of the more experienced servants were trying to tell him it was fine until I walked over. All of them giving me a polite bow at the waist.

"Good morning, your highness."

"Hinata, come with me." I said, Hinata looking a little panicked but followed obediently. He looked around curiously when I brought him outside to the gardens and asked the gardener to leave. I sat down on the thick edge around the fountain that worked well as a seat and patted the spot next to me. Hinata hesitantly sat by me, looking a little stiff.

"So, why're you here?"

"What do you mean, your highness?"

"I mean why did you get a job at a castle."

"Oh, well, it's very good money.. and Daichi said he would speak to the king about transferring what I earn back to my family."

"Don't you want the money for yourself?"

"Well, as long as I work here, I am allowed to live here for free in exchange for my work. My mom and sister need it more." I nodded, tilting my head. That was pretty, not even pretty, it was very kind of Hinata to do that. 

"Um, your highness.. is there a reason you asked me to follow you here..??"

"Oh, yeah. Kinda. I always get to know the staff. And the only impression I have of you so far is clumsy." I said, Hinata blushing slightly with embarrassment. 

"My parents plan to host a lot more balls and parties until I find someone to marry. And as my personal servant, don't embarrass me."

"Er- P-personal servant??!" Hinata ask in an alarmed tone. I nodded simply, telling him to leave me alone until I called for him. He slowly got up, bowing before leaving me alone. Actually, I dunno if I have the power to make him my personal servant. Mostly because I've never had one, but unless my parents told me otherwise, I'd do what I want. Besides, Hinata seems like he'll be amusing. 

Hinata's POV

"There you are. What did the prince want?" Daichi asked while he was busy helping Ennoshita clean up the mess of cleaning supplies I accidentally dropped. I began to help them before mumbling.

"He told me that I'm his personal servant.. so, I really can't mess up now."

"He told you that you were his personal servant? Huh, that's new. Well, if that's what he wants, than that is what will happen."

"Um, Daichi, Ennoshita, what's the prince like? You know, if I have to work for him personally."

"Well.. we all have our opinions about him. I think it'd be good if you developed your own."

"I kinda already have one.. but I don't think it's a good one... Er- no wait I mean-- please don't fire me I didn't mean it!" I said quickly, scared that Daichi would look down on me for thinking poorly of the prince. Instead, Daichi laughed and shook his head.

"I'm not going to fire you for thinking, Hinata! Wether you think good or bad of the prince. What do you think of him?"

"Well... he seems a little, spoiled."

"Well, he is royalty. He's used to having everything done for him."

"Yeah, but still. I don't know how I feel about having to be his personal servant now."

Time Skip to night

Agh, I was tired. And the prince was really asking me to come to his room now? What'd he want.. Shouldn't he be tired and in bed too. I made sure my shirt collar was straight before knocking, opening the door after being permitted to enter. 

"You called for me, your highness?"

"Yeah, come here." He said, not looking up from a book he was reading. I quietly closed the door and walked closer. Waiting patiently until the prince finished the page he was reading and closed the book.

"Hey, do you think I'd be a good king?" Huh? What kinda question was that.

"Of course, your highness." I said a bit awkwardly.

"No, what do you really think."

"Er.. your highness, I do not know you very well. But-"

"Exactly, what're your first impressions if you were visiting the kingdom and met me." What was going on here. I mean, what I really thought would most definitely get me in trouble..

"Oi, boke, are you listening to me?"

"Do you.. really want to know what I think???"

"Yeah."

"What if you don't like the answer..?"

"Well how the hell am I supposed to know if I like the answer if you don't tell me." He said, sounding impatient. I contemplated if I should just lie or really tell him.

"Hmph. Maybe you're clumsy and stupid." He muttered, sounding annoyed now. I furrowed my brows, feeling quite angry and annoyed with this stuck-up prince myself.

"Fine. I think that you're rude, spoiled, and would make an awful king." I said, suddenly regretting what I said in a mini spur of anger. Well. It was nice knowing you world.

"..Oh, alright." He said, looking away. My first thought was wait I'm still alive? But my second on was when I glanced at the prince. He looked upset at what I said. I mean, I did just insult him and say he'd make an awful king...

"I... um.. I didn't mean-"

"You can go."

"Your highness.. I-"

"Just leave me alone. Please.. I'm, tired and want to go to bed." He said with a sigh. I stayed there a moment before bowing slightly, turning around and leaving. Once I was back at the servant's quarter, I sighed, changed, and went to bed myself. After rethinking the question, I don't think he'd be that bad of a king.