Chapter 34

Hinata's POV

We were finalllyyyyyyyy at the city. I was sitting behind Kageyama on Jean, Kuroo and his crew un-boarding as well. Kenma walked over to me with a small smile.

"Thank you, and Kuroo too, so much for bringing Kageyama and I all the way out here."

"You're welcome, Hinata. Perhaps we will meet each other again. Kuroo tends to return to cities like these ones to shop often."

"Really??"

"Mhm. We may return after a few full moons."

"I'll come back here each full moon to look for you!" I said with a smile, Kenma smiling faintly and looking around before handing me a bag. I curiously looked inside of it before huffing.

"Kenma-"

"Shh. Don't let Kuroo see that before you go."

"But.. we can't take this stuff???"

"It's enough to get you both started. Besides, trust me, Kuroo and I have plenty." I smiled, sliding off of Jean and hugging Kenma tightly. He slowly wrapped his arms around me. Once I pulled away, I climbed back onto Jean behind Kageyama.

"Thank you so much Kenma. I won't forget you!"

"I hope to see you again, both of you." Kenma said as I waved goodbye. Kageyama nudged Jean forward as we explored the new city.

"So. What's in the bag." Kageyama asked as he looked around.

"There's money in here. And, the spy glass!" I said with surprised. I must've missed it when I peaked inside earlier. 

"Wow. That's kind of Kenma." He said as I counted how much money was in here. It was plenty to get us started alright, gee, it was more than I thought. Well, we could use it for now to find us an inn, and rent a stable stall for Jean. But! We had to go visit Akaashi first. Kageyama found a stable and spoke with the stablehand who was there. I'm glad that the cost of a stall wasn't expensive. These coins were gold, so it'd really only cost us a few of them a month. 

After we made sure Jean was settled and taken care of, we both headed to back to where the sea was. I made sure that the bag was tightly closed so we wouldn't lose what Kenma gave us. 

"Ready??" Kageyama asked as we looked at the water. I smiled excitedly and nodded. We both walked into the water so it was about waist high.

"AH! It's COLD!" I said, Kageyama laughing. He held my hand as we both took a few moments to figure out how to use the scale Akaashi gave us properly. Once we figured it out, the water started swirling around us, well, mostly our legs.

It felt, SO STRANGE. But it was so cool once the water stopped and Kageyama and I were completely submerged.

"Oh my gos- LOOK KAGEYAMA!" I practically shouted, flipping my now orange tail in his face. He waved his hands, trying to get my tail away. I giggled, swishing around.

"Hey! Don't smack me in the face with that thing!!"

"Sorry! I don't know how to control this thing yet!" I said, unable to stop giggling and flipping around. I was kinda spinning out of control and doing somersaults in the water. This felt like I was dreaming. I mean, at least from Kageyama's kingdom, mermaids were just legends. But here we were, as actual mermaids! Well, mermen. 

Kageyama's POV

I watched Hinata spin around like an idiot, trying to figure out how to control his new tail. I was really excited too, I mean.. I was now a creature that was just supposedly legend! I took in a breath, slowly trying to move my legs, er, tail, to move over to Hinata. After I finally made my way over, I grabbed him to keep him from spinning around like mad.

"Hinata slow down or you'll make yourself sick." I said to my non-stop giggling boyfriend. Once he FINALLY calmed down, we both figured out how to move our tails well enough to at least get moving instead of swirling around like idiots.

"So, where do you think Akaashi would even be???" Hinata asked as we slowly swam deeper into the sea. I furrowed my brows before pointing.

"Surely it'd have to be around the direction from where we came. Right?" I said, Hinata nodding in agreement as we made our way in the same way from where we came. It wasn't to long before we saw another mermaid. Hinata waved his arms and shouted, the mermaid stopping and swimming over. She curiously looked at us before swimming a circle around us.

"Humans." She said with a nod. Hinata and I looked at each other confused as the girl laughed.

"Only humans who are first transformed move and swim so clumsily!" She said with a laugh, Hinata giggling and nodding.

"Uh huh! Um, do you know your way around here..?"

"Pfttt, of course I do! I live around here."

"Then, do you know where we can find someone named Akaashi???" Hinata asked, the girl furrowing her brows.

"Why do you wanna know?" She asked suspiciously.

"He told us we could visit him. He gave us these." Hinata said, extending his arm and showing her the scale that I embedded in his ring. The girl looked at it before widening her eyes.

"Woah.. He actually gave you one of HIS scales!"

"Uh huh!"

"Alright you two, follow me then!" She said with a smile, turning and swimming off. Hinata and I followed her as quickly as we could, the girl giggling slightly and slowing down.

"Sorry, I forgot you guys aren't great at this whole new tail thing I bet huh?" Hinata and I nodded, the girl smiling and telling us some tips on how to move our tails for easier and quicker swimming. It wasn't to long before we reached what looked like an underwater city. It looked nothing like what the scrolls and books at home described. It looked like it was an actual city, but underwater. Like it was sunk. 

The girl led us to a larger building that looked kind of corroded from the water, but it also looks like it was being reinforced with something. She smiled and stopped at the front, saying this is where she'd part ways. I thanked her and watched her swim off.

"Wow, this place is amazing!"

"It is."

"Well, ready to see Akaashi??"