Chapter 15

Kageyama's POV

"So, what type of things do you like?"

"I don't know. Astronomy. I guess." I said, keeping my eyes forward as I walked with this princess. She nodded with a small smile, fixing her hair a bit. I tried my best to be nice since she wasn't that bad. She seemed nice enough and doing her best considering she and I have never met and we were both told we had to get married. But. I didn't want to be out here in the gardens with her.

"So, is it okay if I call you Kageyama?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"Okay..! You can just call me Yachi."

"Sure.." I mumbled. Alright. Guess it was harder to be nice when I was so upset. I felt so awful when I told all those things to Hinata. I didn't mean any of it. But I was trying to get him to hate me. At least that way he wouldn't care about me and would find someone else. Someone who actually deserves him.

"Kageyama?"

"Huh?"

"You zoned out on me!" Yachi said with a small laugh. I glanced away with a small shrug.

"Sorry."

"Thinking about something?"

"Yeah."

"Something, or someone."

"What?"

"I know that look. Who is it?"

"...No one." I mumbled. I really shouldn't talk about this to a girl I'm supposed to marry. She sighed, stopping her walking. I stopped as well, looking over at her as she crossed her arms.

"You don't really want to marry me, do you."

"....I.."

"Well, don't worry. I don't wanna marry you either."

"Huh?"

"I don't know you, and you don't know me. Who the heck wants to marry people they don't know! Like, no offense you seem like a great guy. But, well, you know."

"Yeah.. I do know. Do you have someone at home?"

"Uh huh. He's no prince but, I love him."

"What is he?"

"He's the stable boy back at home. What about yours?"

"Servant."

"Heh, I'm not sure which one is 'worse'. But. Seems none of us are going to have our ways." She said with a sad smile. I nodded quietly, looking up at the night sky. Have I ever told Hinata the story about Ursa Major and Ursa Minor? I bet he'd really like that one. Or maybe he would've liked the one about shooting stars more.

"Hey, Kageyama?"

"Yeah..?"

"Would you think I'm crazy if I told you something. Kinda crazy?"

"Well, depends on what it is."

"Is it crazy that I've thought about running away.. with the boy back home?" She asked with a shy smile. I thought for a moment before slowly shaking my head.

"No.. I don't think you're crazy for thinking that."

"Really??"

"Yeah.. Why don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're only visiting, right? I know that we're supposed to get married. But, you'll have to return home at least once before any kind of wedding can be arranged."

"But aren't you to propose to me while I am here? What would people think if I just, you know, disappeared?"

"Would it matter if you were gone and happy??"

"I suppose not for me, but, what about you?"

"I don't know.. maybe I'll see if I can run away with my servant. If they even still want me.."

"Well, why wouldn't they?"

"...No reason. Don't worry about me. I think, I think you should do it." I said, Yachi giving me a small laugh. She quietly grabbed a necklace around her neck. Must be from her own love.

Yachi and I walked together, talking as we went. Her company was nice, but she wasn't the one I wanted to marry. After a while, we went back inside. Yachi smiled and told me a goodnight, following Asahi to the room she was staying in. I began heading to mine when I saw Yamaguchi. I didn't see him often, so I walked over to talk to him.

"Good evening your highness. Do you need something??"

"No. I just, wanted to talk."

"Oh! Alright, what would you like to talk about?"

"Um.. Have you seen Hinata?"

"I believe he's in bed."

"No, I mean, is he.. okay?"

"Well, I haven't really seen him since I do not work here in the day. And when I left my room, I believe he was already in bed."

"Oh.."

"Is there something wrong with Hinata, your highness?"

"Well, um. Just, forget it. Sorry, continue your work."

"Er, yes, your highness. Have a goodnight." Yamaguchi said with a smile and bow. I nodded, quietly leaving him alone and just heading to bed.

Next Morning: Hinata's POV
I sighed as I quietly got ready for the day. Suga, Daichi, Ennoshita, and the others were all already working. But Suga was kind enough to give me a little extra time to get myself ready. I really didn't want to work. Not because I minded cleaning or whatnot, but I really didn't want to run into Kageyama. Especially not with the princess.

After I was dressed, I walked down the stairs and was headed to do my chores for the day. Daichi told me I could go out to the stables and help someone named Tanaka with the horses. I never met Tanaka, but it was easy to find him. He was the only one out there.

"Um.. Hi. Are you Tanaka?"

"Yep, that's me."

"I was told to come help you?"

"Hey great, c'mon I could use some help polishing the saddles." He said, leading me to the tack room. I sat down with one of the saddles in front of me, quietly washing and polishing it while Tanaka worked on another. We sat in silence for a bit when a woman walked in. She walked next to Tanaka and gave me a small, polite smile.

"Hey babe, this is Hinata. Hinata, this is Kiyoko"

"Hello, Hinata." She said with a nod. I smiled slightly in return, trying to mind my own business as the two talked. I kept my eyes on the saddle and rag in front of me, but I couldn't help but notice when the obvious couple gave each other a kiss goodbye and the girl left.

"Um.. Tanaka, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's on your mind."

"You an Kiyoko are together, right?"

"Yup! So DON'T you get any ideas!"

"E-eh! No no of course not! I just, um.. So when did you find out you and Kiyoko were in love..?"

"Whaddya mean."

"Um.. I guess, when did you realize you love her and not just liked her, or something."

"Ohhh, you having some issues of the heart?"

"...Maybe."

"Well, lemme tell you. You know you love someone when you'd do anything for 'em. And I mean anything."

"...Even, even letting them be with someone else they really love?"

"Yeah, even letting them go."