1 - More Beach Trouble

"No feasting on the grand food, mister?" There was no accent behind Enyo's words, which is hard to identify her origin. Her voice was formal, monotone and slightly deep with a tad of majestic, which makes her seem quite imposing to others but this is their usual way she speaks.

Jaye gave her a wry smile and felt weird from hearing someone being formal. Furthermore, she called him mister... he was not even married yet, "No need for the 'mister', I'm not married or some sort. Calling me Jaye is enough. "

Enyo found it odd from Jaye's words. Especially at the word 'married' which was new to her. It is not because she is stupid that she just knew about it, but it is due to the simple education she had received in the past. 

"Strange, " She slowly tilts her head to him. Her voice sliding off her tongue in an accidental suggestive manner which could be easily misunderstood. This is one of the siren's characteristics, but she did not intend it to be this way. 

'Was that a compliment?' Jaye asks himself as he misunderstood Enyo and thought that she was confused about why he was unmarried. Maybe she found him attractive, but regardless, he did not fall for her accidental suggestion. 

Jaye shook his thoughts off and walks out of the water, "Anyways, we should get out of here and get sanitised. The originium crystal on that creature is quite a lot. "

"No grand food allowed?" Enyo asked again as she could feel her stomach growling loud in hunger. No visible changes on her stoic expression, but the sounds are stating facts. 

Jaye had met a lot of hungry people, but this is quite new to him. A woman who seems to be starving to eat and had the guts to try out an infected creature's meat, "No no no, you'll get oripathy infection from eating that. "

He scratches the back of his head and sighs, thinking about a way to repay her deed, "Let's go to a restaurant nearby. Some fillets can fill a good stomach. "

Enyo brightens up due to his offer and gaps her small mouth in amazement with a stoic face. Not knowing how to reply to his words, even though she does not know what a fillet is but it sounds delicious to her. 

Jaye paid close attention to her facial expression and noticed the small change. He assumed that she seems to be liking the offer, "You like the sound of that? Follow me. "

Turns out, Enyo seems to be less of a complex than he thought. But, he could not assume her personality right in the spot. 

On the other hand, Enyo deemed Jaye is not a threat to her because he is unarmed, and decided it was safe to follow after him to the dry part of the beach. Also, viewing him in a different shade of light and entitled him as a benefactor to her. 

"Affirmative, benefactor, " Enyo spoke to him in a very formal way once again. Which confuses Jaye even further than the first time she called him 'mister'. 

Out of a small headache, Jaye presses his temple with his right index finger before turning around to her. Gazing into her light blue eyes and said, "I did say you could just call me Jaye... "

Enyo blinks a few times trying to process what he words and misunderstood, with an imaginary lightbulb on top of her head, "That could be done, Benefactor Jaye. "

Jaye's head drops from hearing her answer and gives up from trying to persuade her again.  Shrugging his shoulders before turning back towards the beach. Only to be met with a group of 5 men in a black suit wearing black sunglasses, approaching them with shady intent. 

"Stand still on where you are, tourist, " One of them said, which caused Jaye to feel suspicious of their sudden appearance. Enyo, who is experienced in 'smelling' incoming risks, paid attention to every detail of the shady men's movements. 

Usually, in the case of infected creatures attacks, a team in hazmat suits would come and quarantine the infected area after sanitising any victims involved as quickly as possible. But it seems to be different this time. 

"A quick question, you four came to sanitise this place?" Jaye asks a question, hoping for a positive answer. Which was too far fetched from the men's real intention.  

"Yes but actually no. Figure that it'll be clearer if my boys and I demonstrate our purpose, " The man with the bowl cut hair, who seems to be the leader reaches for the back of his body. 

Jaye does not want any trouble to happen and hopes that a diplomatic solution could turn this table, but it seems impossible at this point. Even worse, he did not have any weapon with him to defend himself. 

He glanced from his shoulder and saw that Enyo was ready to have a go with the group. Her hands were close to the hilt of her sword with her eyes glaring under her hat, even though she had the same stoic expression on. Maybe Jaye started to hallucinate.

Enyo was not aware of the worries she felt for the safety of her benefactor and ready to jump in front to take the damage. Since she is a one of a kind defender operator without a shield. 

"Sick'em, " The bowl hair cut man said to his buddies as they pull out their weapon. 

Jaye unties his jacket from his waist and ready to counter the shady men's assault but unfortunately, they were using light crossbows. 

Bolts were unleashed towards both Jaye and Enyo. Jaye was last enough to open and wrap his jacket around the first bolt that came to him but for the rest of the bolts, he depends on the lady luck. 

Enyo was not having any of it. She unsheathes her sword and pushes Jaye away. Followed by the sounds of bolts piercing through flesh could be heard afterwards, causing Jaye to grit his teeth at the sight.

_____________________________________

(Author's notes: I was supposed to post this yesterday, but my parents found out about my late-night writing (again). Besides that, how's your day? I'm fine too if you ask me. Anyways, have the best of days and Au Revoir)