2 - On The Run

Jaye is experienced in fighting. So, he could keep his composure while witnessing some blood spill in front of him but it does mentally churns him. The thought of unnecessary fighting never settles right with him. 

"Enyo..., " He muttered before collecting himself quickly and stood up. His grips tighten on the jacket as he throws the bolt he caught to the side. Taking a few large steps before looking over at Enyo's condition.

The shady men were shocked witnessing the scene in front of them. They were wishing for the false result but the truth displayed was unbelievable. 

"A..., " Enyo was still standing after taking 4 bolts into her body. Blue blood dripping from her seemingly hurtful wounds, but her stoic face says otherwise. No signs of pain expressed. 

'I forgot' She thought to herself before shifting her foot away from one another forming a stance with her right palm gripping onto the handle of her sword. 

Smooth flow of life coursed through her bones before spreading throughout her body. Originium arts travelling steadily in her blood vessels before flowing into her skin. The smooth yet strong circulation of her arts ejects the bolts from her body. 

"Frak! Don't delay, go shoot her again!" The bowl cut hair man commands his underlings as his hands reach behind.

*WHIP!* 

*WHIP!*

His hands were whipped by some kind of cloth as he jerked away and dropped the remaining bolts. He turned to his back so Jaye rolled a jacket to whip again. 

"Hold on there buddy, I wouldn't advise you to do that, " Jaye said with a slumber tone as stretches his rolled jacket. He took a few steps closer to the bowl cut hair man. 

"How did you-! When did you get at the back!" The bowl cut hair man shouted in confusion. While unconsciously rubbing the back of his hand in pain. 

"You talk too much, " Jaye replied before whipping the rolled jacket towards the man's face which breaks the man's sunglasses. 

The bowl cut hair man flinches from the pain on his face. He took out a combat knife before dashing to Jaye. Unfortunately for him, Jaye was more skilled in hand to hand combat. 

Jaye focuses his eyes on the small movements of the man before unrolling the fur jacket. By the time the man drew an arc towards Jaye, he stopped the man with the thick layer of the jacket. Wrapping the cloth swiftly around the man's wrists. Successfully restricting the man's arms. 

The man's shin was heavily kicked by Jaye, causing him to fall but Jaye hangs him above the ground before slamming the man down on to the sand.

"Enyo! Don't kill them, or else we'll be in a deeper mess than whatever problem we have right now, " Jaye shot out his voice towards Enyo, who almost slides her blade into one of the shady men's hearts. Earning the usual stoic face from her and a nod. 

Enyo rose her sword and slams the hilt of her weapon onto one of the shady men's heads. Knocking him out of the cold before feeling something sharp pushed against her shoulder. 

Once again, she did not feel any pain from it due to her special body constitution and her unknown bloodline, but the damage still affected her body. Like how she could not feel most emotions. 

With a swift turn, the combat knife broke as the blade was still stuck on Enyo's shoulder. She picks it out before tossing it to the side and dashed towards the other shady man. 

Enyo faintly slashes and the shady man was tricked by it as he dodges to the side, before his head meets with her metallic boots. The sound of bone cracking could be heard as she pushes the kick deeper with a turn and slammed the man onto the sand without mercy. 

A faint sound of a slice resonates into Enyo's ears as the pupils of her eyes dilated. Her hand gripping the sword waves to the back in a reflex.

*Ting*

Metal clashes against one another as Enyo parries a blade from one of the shady men. She turns her body and twists her arm back to normal position before putting pressure into the clash. Her sword was heavy so the man was pushed back gradually. 

The man disengaged from the clash and changed his tactic. He took a step back before jumping up to deliver a downward slash towards Enyo, but only to meet with a kick from his lower bottom (genitals). Which caused the man to scream in agony for his loss.

The sound of flesh crushing was inaudible but Jaye could imagine the amount of damage Enyo gave to that man just from the sight of it. He shudders at the thought of it before knocking out the last shady man member with a punch. 

"Enyo, there are chances that their other buddies would come by. We should bail out now, " Jaye gestured to her to come along with him, as he sprints away from the scene. 

Enyo's siren ears change to normal ears due to lack of contact with a body of water. She glanced side to side and saw that the crowd from before were no more on the beach. Also, there was no one else on the beach except for them. Maybe the pedestrian we're terrified of the previous scene but she did not care and followed Jaye. 

After some time, they arrived at a small restaurant in an alley.  

Jaye took a seat at the backmost corner of the restaurant away from the windows and sighs. Thinking that they both should be safe for now as he chose the most hidden location in Siesta. After all, he did good research of Siesta's map before coming here for a holiday, just in case, anything bad happens. Which it did. 

He slouched against the chair before noticing that Enyo was still standing beside the table, "Sit down, Enyo. Reserve your energy for running if they find us again. " 

Enyo slightly flinches before processing Jaye's words slowly but steadily. She was not used to normal etiquette, so it took her time to understand. Many thoughts came to bother her mind as the strange emotion built up in her brain again. Nervousness. 

By the time she understood Jaye's words, her movements were wonky and robotic. But, she did successfully sat down on the chair against Jaye's direction. Feeling yet another foreign emotion, shyness. She felt shy if her action was too weird to Jaye, as she tried to shake off the feeling. 

All of this, her face was still stoic. But her body language says otherwise. Jaye gave her a questioning look before thinking that Enyo was being a bit funny before shrugging her shoulders. 

"Chill Enyo, we got time here, " Jaye said before pulling out a phone and scrolled down on the contact list. Stopping at the name 'Waai Fu'. 

Jaye clicks on the button to call and put the phone near his ear. Waiting for his friend to pick up the call as a man approached them. 

The man seems to be in a casual suit with food in his palm. Putting the delicacies down on their table and said, "It's on the house, Jaye and Enyo. "

Jaye stared at him for a few seconds before replying, "How did you know our code names?"

_____________________________________________

(Author's note: HAHAHAHA. Finally, I could write on other chapters and it's late-night rn. Anyways, have the best of days and au revoir)