Challenge (Nagito/Reader) (2/2)

-The ending is a little shoddy right now, but I am tired and I will edit it tomorrow and this note will be gone once it is edited. -

artist: yaoi-is-totally-canon on tumblr (moved) https://yaoi-is-totally-canon.tumblr.com/post/90435107249?ref=weheartit

Word Count: 4.2k

Y/n and Ibuki stepped into the darkness outside of the hotels, and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I don't know where everyone else is, so make sure you try to keep yourself casual. Don't want anyone to think you're a stalker." Ibuki then took the joking stance of a soldier and saluted her friend, who started walking along the side of the pool and then past it. Ibuki stayed a good 10 feet behind her, and when y/n turned the corner to go towards the boy's dorms, she decided to hang out by Mikan's mailbox. They were also pretty close, and surely Mikan wouldn't mind too much if Ibuki were hanging around.

At reaching Komaeda's doorstep, Y/n exhaled shakily and tried to compose herself. She took a look back at Ibuki, who gave her a thumbs up and a wink, and then felt a chill run through her body. What if Nagito thought she was actually weird? What if he turned her down and then told everybody? She shook the thoughts off quickly, though. "He's not like that..." she thought to herself, "and keep in mind what Teruteru said. It'll all be ok. And if he says no, you can just say that it was a dare, 'cuz it was!" Taking one more deep inhalation, she collected herself and set her shoulders upright. As she steadily exhaled, she pressed her finger to the doorbell until she heard a ringing come from the inside of the cabin. She hastily took her finger off of it and felt a shakiness come back. She closed her eyes to tell the butterflies that invited themselves into her stomach to politely fuck off, but they darted back open when she heard the sound of the door in front of her opening.

"Oh hello, y/n! What a pleasure to see you!" Nagito beamed at the secretly nervous figure in front of him as y/n struggled to keep herself composed. However, his struggle clearly outweighed hers, as she noticed how far slumped forwards his shoulders were, and that his hands were trembling violently. "I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up! Please, come in, no need to stand out in the cold!" Nagito pushed the door open with his side and ushered y/n in as she threw one last look at Ibuki, who was barely containing herself at the happenings in her peripheral.

"To be fair, I didn't know that I was coming here tonight until about 15 minutes ago when Teruteru told me..." Y/n chuckled as she brushed some hair out of her face, scratching the small of her neck in the same go while her body mindlessly moved itself to sit down on the edge of his bed. Nagito quickly followed her, settling himself about a foot away from the young woman next to him.

"I knew it...you didn't even want to be near me, so Teruteru had to force you to come. Well it makes sense, since nobody as hopeful as you would ever want to spend their Friday evening in my lowly presence..." Nagito belittled himself as his body continued to shake. His hands gripped at the loose fabric of his jeans, and y/n could see his bony knuckles through the pale of his skin. Y/n always wished that Nagito would eat more, but it was difficult to get that stubborn boy to do anything to take care of himself, including simple self kindness.

"Nagito, it's not like that. I wouldn't have come here if I didn't want to see you." Gathering her own confidence to help the boy with his own more feeble sense of it, she placed her right hand gently over his left one, rubbing the side of it in circles to calm him down. She inched slightly closer to him, already desperate to feel, to touch his body somehow.

"You want to see garbage like me? Are you sure you're not lying?" As her rubbing continued, Nagito slowly started to ease his tight grip.

"Of course I do, you goof! I hang out with you all the time, why wouldn't I want to now?" Y/n tried to appease the tortured soul next to her, but the moment she said "why", his shaking only worsened.