Chapter 2

"You carry so much love in your heart.
Give some to yourself"

Aviana found herself in the auditorium. It was dark and only a single light was present it shone at her as she sat on a stool by the grand piano. This was her safe space; her area where she felt calm and comfortable. A place away from everyone's prying and judgement eyes. A place where she felt most fulfilled.

Listen to the song above.

Gliding her small fingers across the keys she let herself flow with the tune from the piano. Her mind was entranced by the beautiful melody just from the tip of her fingers. She may have a wild soul; but she was a lover of simple things and quiet places.

The tune of her soul echoed across the empty theatre bouncing off the walls as it intoxicated the girl. She was from elsewhere; her mind, her body, her heart, her soul. It was from another world. She was kind, smart and fearless- the kind of soul that makes everybody feel like a somebody.

Kaden was sitting across the classroom, tired from his fake attention. He wanted to get out of here. He couldn't bare faking his interest in these student's lives because frankly he couldn't give a shit. Silently disappearing from the room he made his way outside for a smoke. His fingers itched for the stick resting in his pockets. As he was making his way across the corridors frantically but smooth melody halted his quick motions. The sound was coming from a room, almost as a reflex he followed the music; the itch long forgotten.

Peaking behind the door he found himself staring straight at the girl who was deeply immersed in the music so much so she failed to realise the man. Kaden couldn't look away from her soft beauty. Her voice was light and full of emotions that shocked the man. Never had he felt so serene and at absolute peace. He looked at her the way that all girls longed to be looked at by him.

Her eyes were the most beautiful pair of brown eyes that he had ever seen. And with those exact eyes you could have set the sky on fire. The colour of whiskey and grace combined.

Kaden was taken out of his deep thoughts by the sound of the school bell ringing indicating the end of the day. With a sigh of relief he looked back at the girl to find her no longer there. Shaking his absurd thoughts away he made his way out of the school with a sparkle to his once dull eyes.

Aphy had been woken by the sound of her buzzing alarm. She hurried and got herself ready before making her way down the stairs. Where her mother prepared her breakfast.

Aviana's outfit:

"Hello Ma" she greeted with a smile

"Hi dear. Did you have a good sleep?" Her mother replied with an identical smile gracing her features.
"It was great" she replied.
"That's good to hear. Come sit and have breakfast before your late to school, sweetheart"
Aviana made her way over to take a seat before she tripped over her own two feet.
"Watch out!" Her mum had exclaimed before she helped her daughter up.
"One day you are going to hurt yourself, you silly little goose" her mum had mumbled with her usual warmth.

Aviana skipped into her highschool humming a tune to herself. It was a Tuesday. These were her favourite days because she always had her music lesson first thing. Entering the classroom, she realised she was the only one here.

Getting comfortable in her seat she sighed out boredly. Surely she wasn't this early; personally Aviana thought she would have been late. Interrupting her thoughts the sound of the door opening made her eyes glance to the figure entering the classroom. It was a man. He looked in his young 20s. The girl squinted her eyes in confusion.
"Who are you?" She spoke lightly without a trace of judgement or rudeness.

Kaden had arrived for another day in this hellhole: he liked to call it. He always despised school and didn't end up graduating before he became well known. How ironic: now that he has to attend school. Walking into his assigned classroom a familiar girl appeared. She was staring at him with the tilt of her head. This action caused the man to swoon before he mentally palmed him self.

What has gotten into me he thought.

Before he could talk the young girl asked him a question.
"Who are you?" She spoke. Her voice like honey. The mere sound of her caused goosebumps to erupt below his dark tattoos.
"You don't know who I am?" His rough voice baffled the young girl. She let her eyes flutter across his features. Why did he think she would know him. At this point the girl was really lost.

Before she could answer the bell sounded making the class enter the room followed by her teacher. Aviana let out a sigh of relief; thinking about being alone with the stranger made chills run up her body.

"Everybody, please settle down" Mrs Brown spoke firmly. It was no doubt she was everyone's favourite teacher especially Aviana's. She was kind and understanding and always loved to listen to Aviana even if she wouldn't stop talking.

"So today I am going to put you in pairs to come up with a duet. You will have to compose your own song. With all original lyrics and melody. This will be 20% of your final grade. So be sure it as best as possible. I will give you all 3 weeks to complete. And at the end you will perform in front of the whole school each of your duets."

Excited whispers and murmurs filled the classroom. Personally, Aviana was extremely happy with the project she couldn't wait to start.

"And we also have a special guest who you all will know. This would be great for your projects. You can ask Kaden if you are unsure of something. Please make sure to use this to your advantage"

Mrs Brown gestured to Kaden who was stood at the back of the class. Aviana turned to catch his eye. Kaden raised his eyebrows at the state from the girl before she quickly turned around with red blossoming her cheeks.

What's so special about him Aviana thought.

"I have put up the pairs please find your name and take a seat with your partner. These are the seats you are assigned to for the rest of the year"

Aviana skimmed through the names on the board until she found her own. Her partner was Ben. The boy who would constantly give her looks of adoration. The perfect boy next door. Making her way towards the back where he was sat she greeted him.
"Hello Ben. I am your partner" she spoke excitedly with the most breathtaking dimpled smile that almost rendered the boy speechless.

That same smile caused Kaden to become breathless. She smiled and all he could think was 'Oh shit'. He was also stood at the back of the classroom looking at the two's interaction with a unfamiliar feeling in his chest.

"Hello" Ben replied politely.
Taking a seat next to the boy they began exchanging ideas on the duet.
"I think it should be about love" the boy had said whilst scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.
A light giggle escaped the girl due to his actions. The small sound caused half of the class to stare at her with a small smile. But she was unaware of the looks.
"That's a great idea!" She exclaimed with the clap of her hands.
"I think it can be about two people who love each other so deeply, but can't be with each other"
"Yep that's perfect" Ben had spoke.
"Hey, Aviana. I just wanted to ask if you were free—"
The bell resounded across the school. It was the end of lesson.

Aviana looked at Ben.
"Yes" she urged him to continue.
It seemed as if Ben lost the courage to continue with the shake of his head he allowed the girl to leave the class without looking back.