¡27¡

I struggle to find sleep. Everything that's happening to me comes crashing down, and no matter how many times I roll around on my bed; sleep will not find me.

I sigh in frustration and stare at the ceiling. I try to imagine shapes within the texture above, but my brain is too scattered to think completely straight.

"Yeonjun! You meanie head! You said you wouldn't be home for a couple more months!"

Out of no where, he pops up. My seemingly small crush was a bit to much to handle.

My cheeks flush when his arms in case me in a hug.

Stop thinking about him, he doesn't see you in the same light.

I turn over once more, pressing my eyes tightly to shut out everything. I try to breathe in slow paces, hoping that would ease me to sleep.

"Hello?" I answer the phone unsure of the number who called me. A slight pause before I begin to speak again, "I'm gonna hang up now."

"No no, wait. This is Daehee, right? You're voice has gotten so much more mature."

I freeze, "Mom?" This can't be right.

"My precious girl, how are you?"

What am I supposed to say to the woman who ruined me and Jaehyun. My breathing hitches as I try to calmly answer. She's being too nice.

"I'm doing just fine." It comes out more sharply then intended, but how else am I to answer.

"Ah, I thought Jaehyun would teach you better manners. Anyways, your Father and I want to see you both in person. Come home to us. Let us see out perfect creations."

I pause profoundly. How could she speak to me in this way? Am I just an object in her perfect world?

"I got to go. I'll talk to you later." I hang up before she can refuse.

I shake the memories away. I bury my face into my pillow, attempted to just scream in to it.

"Daehee, my favorite girl. I just had to surprise you and my favorite boys."

It was now or never. I'm sorry, Yeonjun.

"Hey, Dae? Are you okay?" He waves his hand in my face to get my attention. I blush in embarrassment, shaking my head.

"There's something I have to tell you, Yeonjun," I say and wait for him to respond. He stays quiet, so I continue, "I really like you."

He gives me a surprised look and smiles down sadly at me.

"I'm sorry, Daehee. I cannot return those feelings to you."

I sigh heavier this time. I remove my blanket and scoot off my bed. Grabbing my pillow, I head down the hall to to living room. It was livelier than usual. With a couple of other boys with my older brother.

"Daehee, I thought you were sleeping?" The first to see me was Jaehyun. He always noticed me. The other guys turn their heads to see me in my light blue shorts, and black hoodie with the hood up.

I shrug and step towards the boys, taking a seat right next to Jaehyun, "I can't sleep." I simply answer as I lean into him. He's warm. He was always warm.