The Super Jerk

Marc’s POV

Oh god why did I just say that. All the colour has drained out of Anna’s face. She actually looks like she had seen a ghost. Why do I have to always fuck up everything? It was such a wonderful evening and we talked so much about each other, it feels like I have known her for years, but no Marc the super jerk had to mess up and make everything awkward. If you ever have a cute, cool or amazing situation just call Marc the super jerk and the situation will be messed up. Why did I listen to the guys anyway? I never wanted to tell her about my feelings nor taking her to this date today, but no I had to listen to them and ask Anna out. I just knew that it would destroy everything not only our friendship but also my self-esteem. I mean, I already knew that a guy like me would never get a girl as amazing as her. Anna is the perfection in person and she deserves someone who is way better than me. He should treat her like the queen she is, I know it sounds cheesy but it is the way it is. I will just say sorry, bring her home and forget all about her. Live goes on. Sure, it will need time but I will be able to move on. I open my mouth to say something but nothing wants to come out. Argh, why can’t I say something, I’m never like this. I look at her and she opens her mouth but before she can say anything that brings me down even more I finally find the guts to say something.

“Anna,…I’m so sorry, I didn’t want to say that. I didn’t even mean it like that. Just forget it and don’t think about it anymore. I will just bring you home and we will both go to sleep and forget everything that has happened today.” Anna closes her mouth again, looks down at her hands which are laying in her lap and see her nodding. She stands up, puts on her jacket and gets her bag. I don’t know why but she kind of looks depressed and she really is silent. This isn’t like the Anna I know. I hope this didn’t destroy everything, she is such an important person in my life. Every time I see her or even talk about her a smile comes to my face. When I see her happy I’m like the happiest man alive. Why couldn’t I shut the help up before, nothing would have happened and everything would still be fine between us. I’m such a dork. I hold open the doors for her and I can hear a very small thank you. She really seems like she is in thought, I hope that it isn’t anything else. The car drive was horrible, we didn’t talk for one second and also the radio wasn’t on which made a horrible silence. I brought her home and she got out without saying anything but when she stands outside the car she turns around once again. “Thank you for the tickets and the amazing meal. See you soon.” With that she closes the door and goes to her house and I can only say goodbye to myself.

I wait till she is inside to make sure she is safe. It is funny, I have never cared about a person as much as I do for Anna, besides my family of course and still I manage to fuck everything up. But I think I’m kind of used to such situations, every time I really want something to turn out good it will turn out bad. Karma is such a bitch sometimes. I drove home on the lonely streets, as lonely as I am. It is so bad if you are the only one who doesn’t have a girlfriend or a wife in the team. Everybody always brings his girls to the parties and dinners and I’m always the one awkwardly sitting beside them and listening in on their conversations. Now I finally found a wonderful girl who doesn’t only like me for my fame but for me and I have to fuck everything up. Everyone always says that in the end everything will come out good. But honestly I won’t wait any longer. Why can be everyone lucky but me? I’m also a normal human with feelings what do other guys have, that I haven’t. Why? Why? Why? This is the only thing that rushes through my head while driving.

Finally home I just get a beer from the fridge, sit down on the couch in the living room and turn on the TV. I watch some movie, but honestly I don’t even know what it is about. I just keep thinking about Anna and how I have messed everything up. How can I be so stupid to destroy our friendship like this? I get another beer and another one. I just want to forget everything and alcohol is a man’s best friend.