Chapter Six - Lies

"Oh, my God!" Anna screeched, waking Jefferson and Hamilton up. They found Anna standing at the door. "Thomas, when you told me you found your soulmate, I had no idea you guys would be so cute togther!!" 

Thomas rubbed his eyes and looked at the time. "Anna, it's 12:00 at night, why are you still awake?"

"Oh, I just got home-- I mean, I-I just woke up and saw you guys here," Anna lied. Jefferson got out of bed and led her to the kitchen as Hamilton went back to sleep. 

"You just got home?" Jefferson whispered sharply. "You did not have my permission to go out for eight hours!" Anna crossed her arms and sighed. "Where the hell were you?"

"I told you, I was at the cafe with Theo," Anna said. 

"The cafe closed five fucking hours ago, nice try," Jefferson sighed, trying not to yawn. "Where were you? And tell the truth this time."

"I was at a party," Anna said. "Don't worry, I didn't drink or smoke anything, I'm not drunk or high, it was actually kind of chill." Jefferson inhaled. "You can smell the beer on me, can't you?"

"Yes, and very clearly."

"Fine, I'll explain. But I'm only telling you this because you're my brother, and you have to promise to never tell mom and dad," Anna said. Jefferson nodded. "I was making out with a guy, we moved to.. the bedroom, he spilled his beer on me which gave me more of the urge to take my clothes off, and when I did, he did the same. And then, it kind of escalated from there."

"Oh, my God, Anna!!!" Jefferson screamed. Anna shushed him. 

"Be quiet, Alex is sleeping!"

"You lost your fucking virginity?" Jefferson whispered.

"Yeah, but I'm a junior, I'm seventeen! Several people lose their virginity at seventeen, even you did! So, why do you suddenly have a problem with it?"

"I lost my virginity a month ago and just turn eighteen! I was still basically an adult then, I was basically eighteen!" Jefferson stepped closer to Anna. "You turned seventeen two months ago, you're still a child! You're way too young."

Anna's breath hitched as she ran to the couch. "Just leave me alone, Thomas!" she said. "You ruin everything, you even ruined our parents's relationship." Jefferson gasped and stomped to his bedroom

"Are you okay?" Hamilton asked.

"Shit, did we wake you up?"

"No, I've been up since Anna screamed about how cute we are," Hamilton chuckled. "I heard a little bit of your conversation. And, by a little bit, I mean I heard all of it. Anna really lost her virginity?"

"Yeah."

"You shouldn't be mad about it. Teenagers tend to sexualize themselves. What you should be mad about is the fact that she lied to you."

Jefferson leaned in to kiss him, but Hamilton stopped him. "O-Oh, sorry," Jefferson stuttered. 

"It's okay," Hamilton said. "I wanna do that, I promise, but we should probably do it when we're in better conditions and not in a small bed at midnight after an argument with your sister about how she lost her virginity at a party you didn't authorize her going to." Jefferson nodded. 

_______________

The next morning, Anna was already awake when Hamilton walked outside to the living room. She was sitting at the counter on her phone. Hamilton tapped her shoulder and waved at her when she turned around.

"Good morning," Anna said. 

"Morning." Hamilton walked to the cabinets. "Do you want some cereal?" Anna nodded as Hamilton grabbed two bowls and put the cereal in them. He poured in milk, grabbed spoons, and passed one to Anna as she started eating it. 

Hamilton sat across from her. "Did you hear Thomas and I's conversation last night?" Anna asked. Hamilton hesistated to nod, but he did. Anna sighed. "I told him to be quieter."

"I want to let you know that I don't judge you," Hamilton smiled. "Teenagers can be sexual, and I know that." Anna grinned.

"Thanks, Alex," she said. "You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, but when did you lose your virginity?"

"Uh, I actually haven't yet..."

"What?" Anna yelled. "I don't mean to judge, but you seem like the type of person who has." Hamilton nodded in agreement. "Well then, I guess Thomas will take your virginity." 

Hamilton choked on his cereal and almost spit it out. He'd never thought about... 

Jefferson walked into the kitchen, making Anna look back at her phone. "Good morning," he said. 

"Good morning, Thomas-- I-I mean Jefferson," Hamilton said. Anna squealed. 

"Aw, you guys are adorable!" she said. 

"Hey, Anna, can I talk to you?" Jefferson asked.

"Whatever you wanna say, you can say in front of Alex." Hamilton nodded as Jefferson sighed. 

"Fine," he said. "I'm sorry that I judged you last night. You are old enough to make your own decisions, and I'm honestly kind of sad because you're growing up." Anna gasped and smiled. "I'm also really sorry that I left you at home. You completely did not deserve that, and I'm sorry for all of the sleepless nights because of our stupid parents that are making us go through this." Anna stood up and ran over to Jefferson before hugging him. 

Hamilton watched with tears filled to the brim of his eyes. He walked to his bedroom and shut the door behind him. He pulled out his phone and dialed his brother's number which he knew from memory now. He held the phone to his ear and heard four rings before the voice saying "Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system."

He tried again. The same thing happened.

And again.

And again. 

Then finally, someone picked up. 

"Dude, who is this?" a male on the other line said. 

"This is Alexander Hamilton. Your brother," Hamilton said matter-of-factly. 

"Oh, Alex! Nice to hear you, man. Why haven't you called lately?" his brother asked. 

"You bastard," Hamilton sighed. "You're the one who didn't answer my calls in the first place! You've made my life so much worse and you've made me stay awake at night wondering what's wrong with me. I needed your support more than anything at the beginning of the year because no one else offered. I'm too insecure to ask anyone but you're my brother so I wasn't afraid to. Then you left me a very inappropriate message when I was on the verge of... Listen, you're one of the main reasons I was pushed over the edge and hurt myself. If it wasn't for my actual friends, I would be dead. So, fuck you, and goodbye."

Before his brother could say anything, he hung up and went back outside.