Chapter 2

<January 2022>

"Every single day."

The moment that slipped out of my lips, an awkward silence surrounded the whole room. Mark and Yuta just stared at me with pity.

Before I could open my mouth to break the awkward silence, my phone suddenly rang. Mark gestured me to answer it to signal that I don't have to mind him and Yuta.

I gulped when I saw that the phone call was from the CEO of SJ Label, "Good afternoon, Mr. Kang. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked the person in the other line.

"Good evening, Haewon-ssi. We have news for you regarding your job." Mr. Kang said from the other line. 

"My job? Is there a problem, Mr. Kang?" I asked him, confused since I don't think I did anything wrong. Mark and Yuta looked at me in worry before mouthing to me to turn on the speaker. I nodded at them and turned on the speaker to my phone.

"You've worked with NCT before right before transferring to our label?" Mr. Kang asked. I froze and looked over to Mark and Yuta, noticing how their bodies stiffened at the question. Mr. Kang doesn't know why I transferred to the SJ Label. Nobody other than the higher ups who were present at the meeting and the NCT members knew why I was transferred. 

"Yes.. Is there a problem?" I asked warily. I heard Mr. Kang taking a deep breath before replying to me, "I don't know what happened that made Mr. Choi transfer you to SJ Label especially since you're such a good worker, but apparently he wants you back. The stage manager of NCT had just quit yesterday, and apparently their work performance is way worse than yours. Mr. Choi wants you to work for NCT again because he can't find someone as good as you." 

"WHAT?!" I yelled in surprise before coughing to calm myself down. "What do you mean sir? Are you sure he wants me back? What about my work for the Super Junior members?" I asked nervously.

What is going on? Mr. Choi was the one who warned me to not interact with the NCT members again but he's the one asking me to come back to work for NCT again?

"He believes that you're able to handle both groups, all the units of NCT including WayV and also all the units of Super Junior. I think you're excused from WayV's concerts in China though. But anyways we'll tell you more information regarding this at tomorrow morning's meeting. The meeting is at 10 am, we're expecting you to be there. Thankyou for your time, Haewon-ssi, I'll see you tomorrow."

Before I could reply anything, Mr. Kang turned off the call. 

I'll be working for NCT again?

I could only stare at my phone, not believing the turn of events that had just happened. Does this mean I'll get to see Jaehyun every week again?

"What the hell?" Yuta yelled, breaking me from my thoughts. "Are they trying to overwork you? I mean I'm glad that we're working with you again especially since the last stage manager is a shithead, but seriously managing all the NCT and Super Junior groups? That's worse than overworking Mark and overworking Mark is already the worst." he continued to rant in frustration. 

Mark sighed, "They're probably planning to overwork her to lessen the chances for her and Jaehyun to get back together. The busier she gets, the less time she has for herself. They don't want to let Haewon go because of her outstanding performance, but they don't want her back with Jaehyun." he explained his theory.

My breath hitched, a bitter smile formed in my lips. "Well they don't have to worry about that. Just because we meet again, doesn't mean that we'll get back together."

I took another deep breath before forcing myself to give out a bright smile to them, "Besides, you know how much I love my work. I don't mind working twice as much, it makes me happy. And I get to see the NCT members and Minji more often."