Chapter 4 : Free day.

Dust POV

So, today is our day off. Not really sure why. Won't complain, however. I go to Underswap. I want to surprise Blue.

I see him, sipping to juice. I smile. He still has a childish side. Good to know I still wasn't completely wrong. I go next to him, and tap his shoulder. He turns around, giving me an adorable look and a "Hm ?" ... What is less adorable is that he isn't sipping at juice but... hardcore whiskey ?! Who gave it to him ?!

I snatch the bottle out of his hand.

Blue : Hey !! Dusty, not you too !! I stand alcohol ! Why is everyone snatching my whiskey away from me !?

He has his hands on his waist. Wait, he does seem completely sober... how ?

Carrot : If you are questioning his alcohol resistance, then give up. He could beat every Sans in a drinking contest.

I jump and turn to Carrot. Blue snatched back his whiskey and drank it happily. How ?

Carrot : But here is some advice... don't give him sugar, or you will regret it.

I stare at him, but his face... it says he still has nightmares from it. What happened ? ... Maybe I don't want to find out, actually...

Carrot : Anyway, what are you doing here, buddy ?

Dust : Oh, yeah. I have a day off, so I wanted to know if Blue wanted to hang around.

Blue : Of course !! Hm... How about some training ?

Dust : Nah. We fight all the time. I would rather have a time when I can talk to you without flying bones around...

Blue : Fine. Hm... Oh, I know. Wait a sec.

He takes out his phone and leaves to call someone. I stare at Carrot and Papyrus, but they both shrug. Should have expected this.

Blue comes back to us.

Blue : Alright, Dust, did you ever get to Dancetale ?

I shake my head.

Blue : Great !!

Ink gets here and his eyes get wide, when he sees me. He takes us to Dancetale anyway. We hang out with Dance.

So, from what I got from Ink, he said the second best dancer after Dance is actually Lust. And that Blue is trying to learn from both, their dance moves, because it is also a way to train for him.

Yeah, now that he points it out, some of those moves look like some of the dodging Blue pulled on me. But, I wonder how good Lust is next to Dance...

Ink show me a video of their dance battle... gosh !!! I thought Killer was agile but Lust can get in position I didn't know was possible, without breaking a sweat. Horror got himself a beast of the dancefloor.

Ink is laughing at my reaction.

Ink : What did you expect ? Lust is a pro dancer. Pole dance is still dance. Oh, they finished.

Blue comes back running to us. He smiles at us. I was going to speak, but I suddenly felt a huge pain in my chest.

Blue : Dust ?!

Ink : Wha... Oh no... Chara is loading !!

Dust : What ?!

I get teleported in snowdin. I check my level. Still the same. So that the loading from before the battle. Seriously...

Blue POV

I see Dust being teleported in a glitchy way. I beg Ink to bring us to Dusttale. He hesitates a bit, but finally agrees.

We teleport to see Chara and Dust fighting by the ruins. But Chara seems to be getting closer and closer to reaching Dust. I summon a bone attack to get the human weapon out of their hand. They are surprised and turn their gaze to us, but Dust doesn't need more to kill them.

I rushed toward him, worried. Ink comes too, and calls Template, I think.

Dust : Thank, you two. How did they get so used to my attack pattern, all the sudden ?

Blue : Isn't it a way to stop the reset ?

Ink : No, but there is something else, we could maybe do.

Template gets here. Ink drags him, and talks to him. I see Template opening a window and looking at it. They talk. After some time, they come back.

Template : Alright, that should be fixed.

Dust : What do you mean ?

Ink : Template can ban things. What was happening is a troublesome glitch. So he took care of it.

Template : Sorry your date got ruined by that.

Dust and I burst into a blushing mess.

Dust : That wasn't a date !

Template : Oh. Sorry, I thought it w... Urgh... Pale destroyed an Au, bye Ink.

Ink waves at him, then looks at a sketchbook.

Ink : Oh ?~ That's going to be funny.

Blue : What ?

Ink : Pale absorbed an AU that will make him depressed. Template will have to hug him. I need to go take some photos !! Bye !

He leaves.

Dust : ... Does he want those photos because he would want Error to hug him ?

Blue : Maybe~ That would be funny !

We laugh and Dust brings me back at my house, before going back to the Bad guys base. But... Did we look like a couple ? I should ask Chara what they think of it...