Chapter 11 : Helping out

Dust POV

So, I decided to go and help Blue and Carrot with making a room for Blueprint for when he is old enough to sleep alone.

We take turns in watching over the babybone.

Carrot begins since Blueprint is asleep, so Blue and I work on the room. Why isn't Ink helping, you ask ? Well, it seems the protectors and destroyers of the multiverse have a meeting today. Something about keeping the balance.

Anyway, we exchange some puns together for a while

Then we hear Blueprint cry. We look in the living room. Carrot was most likely sleeping with the baby on him, judging by their position.

Carrot : Your turn, bro.

Blue nods and takes off his painting outfit before going downstairs and getting his son. Carrot gets here pretty fast.

Carrot : So, what do you plan ?

Dust : Well, Blue suggested getting some color around the door.

Carrot : I was speaking of your relationship with my bro.

I jolt and blush.

Dust : What do you mean by what do I plan ?

Carrot : We both know how I think of the idea that even the worst person can change. So... What do you plan to do to my bro ?

His eye is gloving. I sigh.

Dust : I get your point. But I don't plan anything. Blue gave me a second chance... But, I doubt I deserve it.

I sigh.

Dust : So, I am just going to enjoy the peace, for as long as it will last. There is just one thing that I don't understand...

He raises his eyebrow.

Dust : Papyrus... My Papyrus ghost... Kinda vanished. I wonder where he went. It is the first time I haven't seen him for months. Well, he always comes back, so I guess this is fine...

Carrot : ... And if... He won't come back ?

I jump a bit and look away, clenching my fist.

Dust : Why are you...?

Carrot : Because he doesn't have a reason to stay anymore.

Dust : What do you mean ?

Carrot : You don't have a reason to fight anymore. You met someone who gave you a second chance. You have friends. He can finally be at peace, knowing his bro can finally move on.

I shake. Y-yeah... Knowing Papyrus... M-maybe... N-No, he wouldn't leave me without a goodbye...Right ?

I am so lost in my trance I didn't realise I was crying until I felt someone wiping my tears away. I look up to see Blue, who hugs me protectively and glares at Carrot.

Blue : Papy ! What did you do to him ?! You made him cry ! He is my friend for Toby' sake !

I shakely grab Blue and he turns to me. He sighs to calm himself and (by a miracle I don't understand) lift me bridal style. I blush a deep purple.

Blue : I am going with my son and my...

Carrot : Wife ? Husband ?

I blush even more.

Blue : Papyrus.

Carrot : What ? Not my fault if you nearly seem about to say "don't talk to me, my son or my wife ever again."

I think I will die from embarrassment at this rate. Blue blushes a bit, pouts and sticks out his baby blue tongue to his bro, before leaving.

He gives me Blueprint who tries to calm my tears with teary eyes.

Blue teleported us in my Au and put us on my bed. Since Blueprint fell asleep, he takes back his son and puts him in Papyrus' old room.

He then comes back and hugs me tightly. I hesitate a bit, before returning the embrace.

Dust : Thanks Blue...

Blue : Don't worry. I will always be there for you, Dust.

He wipes my tears and covers my face of kisses. I blush and look away.

Blue : That's what boyfriends are for, after all.

I choke on air and turn to him.

Dust : W-what did you ?

Blue : If you want me to be your boyfriend, that is. But I will still help you as a friend.

Dust : ... W-why ? I... I can get how someone like me can grow to love someone as wonderful as you... But... I never expected it to be reciprocated...

Blue : ... I am not really sure. I loved all those little gestures of affection you give me, I love how adorable your blush is, I could get lost in your beautiful eyes. How you watch over me. How you always listen even when you have better things to do. I love your kindness.

He smiles at me. I softly put a hand on his cheek. I lean closer to him. He gets me and puts a hand on mine and another on the back of my neck. We kiss. Exchanging some soft quick kisses, some others being longer and passionate.

As much as it hurt my pride, the first french kiss was initiated by him, even if he lets me dominate.

After a good 10 minutes of kissing, we finally pull apart. He hugs me and snuggles in my chest. I smile and stroke his skull.

Dust : ... Blue... Would you want me to adopt Blueprint ?

He jolts and looks at me in shock.

Blue : Because... You would...?

I nod. He smiles at me and kisses me.