Chapter Five

Miranda's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe that Skye was here. Out of everyone at the party, Skye was the one person who I held a long grudge with. I don't know why, but ever since I met her, she hated me for no reason. We tried to get along at first, but then we stopped trying after she said something bad about me and my sister behind my back. "Hey guys!" she said as she placed a small gift bag next to the others.

The couch was big enough to fit four people, if you didn't mind it being cramped, and surprise surprise, she sat down next to us on the sofa after asking Hannah to scoot over so she could sit next to Clay. It was obvious that she was trying to get his attention and attempt to make me jealous. She glared over at me for a second while she embraced Clay, and I glared at her right back. "So sorry, I'm late! I had to finish my shift at Monet's," she looked over at Jeff, who gave her an understanding nod.

We continued playing the game of truth or dare, and when it got to Clay's turn, I was worried if he picked dare, somebody would dare him to play Seven minutes in heaven with Skye or worse. But when he picked dare, they gave him an easy dare, telling him to run up and down the stairs three times. "Miranda, truth or dare?" Clay asked once he had completed the dare. It was tempting to pick truth, but I decided to be bold and picked dare. "I dare you to kiss one of the boys in this room on the cheek," Zach chuckled.

Maybe I should've gone with truth. I couldn't kiss Justin, otherwise Jess would get upset.  Alex and Tyler weren't my type even though they were nice guys, Zach was just Zach, and Jeff had a girlfriend. That only left one guy in the room who I could kiss. I could feel my heartbeat increase in my chest slightly as I leaned in towards Clay slowly. He seemed a little surprised that I wanted to kiss him. But he turned his head slightly so I could kiss his cheek better, and my lips touched his warm, pale cheek.

His cheeks starting turning a bright red after that kiss, and the others were teasing and making jokes after that, but I didn't care. I had just kissed my crush. It may have just been on the cheek, but it was still special nevertheless. The others continued laughing and cracking jokes for a few minutes. But there was one person who wasn't laughing, and that was Skye. She just glared at me, and if looks could kill, I may not still be here.

Clay stood up to get more hot cocoa, and Skye leaned in towards me with rage in her eyes, "Jensen is mine, remember that Baker," she hissed. But I wasn't afraid of her, not anymore.