Chapter Seven

Miranda's P.O.V.

Everyone started breaking off into their own conversations after we decided that we had enough of playing truth or dare. Even though I was friends with the majority of the people there, the only person I felt the most comfortable with talking to was Hannah. Maybe it was because we grew up together and made a promise to trust and protect each other. "Okay, be honest with me. Do you have a crush on Clay? Is that why you kissed his cheek instead of Alex or Tyler?" she asked.

It was tempting to lie to her, because I didn't know if she had a crush on Clay as well, they were really close as well. Maybe it was because they spent some time working together at The Crestmont. But, there was no point lying to her, Hannah had a good way of knowing when I was lying. "Okay, fine. I do like him," I admitted. Hannah started grinning from ear to ear, and I started to worry that she was going to tell me she liked him as well.

"Hannah, I have to ask, don't get mad at me. Do you have a crush on Clay as well?" I asked, silently hoping that she would say no. "Miranda, you don't have to worry about that. Yes, Clay and I are good friends, but I know you like him. I had a hunch that you did," she answered honestly. I let out a small, quiet breath of relief and I looked over at Clay, who was getting a cup of hot cocoa and talking to Skye. "And don't worry about Skye. Tell Clay your feelings for him. I'm sure he'll be okay with it," Hannah smiled.

I took another sip of my now cool cocoa, and smiled. "Thanks Hannah, you're the best sister I could ever ask for," She leaned over to the other side of the couch and we embraced each other lightly. "Anytime sis," she muffled into my shoulder. I started to feel confident, and I didn't care what Skye said about her claiming that Clay was hers, I was going to tell him my feelings for him and hope for the best.

I was about to get off the couch and talk to Clay, hopefully away from the others. "I'm gonna do it," I smiled at Hannah. She gave a thumbs up, as I was about to get off the couch.

But before I could stand up, I saw Skye leaned in towards Clay and kiss him. My heart came to a screeching halt, and I leaned back on the couch. "What's wrong? I thought you were going to go talk to him," Hannah asked.

I tried to open my mouth to say something, but the words could not come out. I propped myself up on the couch so I could look at Hannah better in case Clay looked over at me.

"Miranda? Did you hear me?" She asked. "Hm, what?" I asked, shaking my head slightly. "I thought you were going to talk to Clay. What changed your mind?"

I looked at Clay out of the corner of my eye, and I could see that he was still at the hot cocoa table. "Skye kissed him," I whispered loud enough so only she could hear. Her eyes grew slightly wide and she gently rubbed the side of my shoulder. It helped a little bit, but my heart still hurt knowing that Clay and Skye kissed.

I wasn't going to let him know that I saw him. I didn't want to seem like I was upset if he liked Skye instead of me.