Chapter 3- Maximus Forrest

*this entire story is on Sabrina's point of view unless stated otherwise*

I woke up to the sound of rain. I check my phone to see how long I've been out and it seems only an hour and a half. So I still had 30minutes before being called down to dinner. I get up to walk over to my balcony and be lost in the scent of this beautiful rainforest.

As I'm standing watching all the greenery receive the much needed precipitation, Percy slips into my mind. I remember playing in the rain with him a year ago. He sent me a mind link asking me to meet him at the door of my parents house, me being the love sick puppy that I am went running. I knew it was raining so I put on my rain boots with the training tights and sports bra I had on. I didn't even think of my attire when he asked to meet me, I was so excited to see him that I lost my train of thought. When I opened the door, he was soaked but his scent was even more hypnotizing. I could swim in it for all eternity.

"Percy, you are soaked!!" I say stifling a few giggles. He just looks at me for a moment, as if taking me all in before he pulled me in for a hug. Taking in my scent. I was doing the same...

"You are so beautiful" he said, pulling away to look at me. "Dance in the rain with me?" He asks and I laugh.

"Are you crazy? I'll get soaked." I said looking at him like he's crazy.

"Come on Sab. It's only rain. Not like you'll catch the flu or something like that" and before I could come up with an excuse he throws me over his shoulder and runs out into the rain as I scream all sorts of profanities at him.

We were happy. Laughing and screaming. He finally put me down and I tried to run away but he grabbed me by the waist and had my back to his chest spinning me around. I felt tears slip on my face, that pulled me out of my thoughts.

I need to get ready for dinner. I only have 15minutes left. I rush back into my room to freshen up and get dressed.
I didn't have time to straighten my hair so my curls will have to do. After applying some mascara, I decided I looked great enough to face people again. This was my chance to break the bond, which means I can't afford to cry anymore. He made his decision and I chose to accept it by rejecting him.