Chapter 29 - our baby is in here

„the bath is ready, betts. Shall I help you getting up?" he yelled from the bathroom and I just giggled silently.

„no it's fine." I yelled back and got up with the baby still having a party in my stomach what it felt like.
I slowly walked into the bathroom and Jughead smiled at me.

„Are you still not feeling better?" he turned worried. I shrugged my shoulders.

„I don't know. I guess everything is just still so unusual and kind of terrifies me." I said in honesty.

„I know. But you're doing amazing." he chuckled and was about to leave.

„Jughead." I suddenly laughed.

he turned around standing in the doorway and looked at me expectantly.

„can you please help me taking my shirt off? It really hurts in the stomach when I stretch my arms in the air." I sighed.

„of course." He smiled and walked up to me in order to help me. He carefully took my shirt and pulled it over my head. I started to shake a little as his hands touched my back. I felt his touch as he slowly carassed my back which made me smile. I realized right away that he became incredibly nervous as he saw me in underwear with the baby bump.

„you look breathtaking." he said and chuckled shyly. He couldn't stop looking at my babybump.

„our baby is in here." he whispered while touching my stomach. He still couldn't believe that his baby is growing in there.
I smiled slightly.

„You can take off the rest by yourself right?" he looked at me nervously and I just laughed.

„yeah. Thank you so much." I said and he slowly walked out of the bathroom.

I got into the bathtub and tried to relax. The baby was calm for a bit but it didn't take long until it was all active again. I was really asking myself what's wrong? Usually the baby was calm, only kicked here and there. But now it's moving for hours straight. Something is wrong I can feel it.

But then it hit me.. Jughead's close to me. Maybe the baby notices it? Maybe the baby wants it's dad?

After half an hour I got out of the bathtub and dried myself. I put my hair in a towel and put on some comfy clothes I stole out of Jughead's wardrobe.

I walked into the livingroom where Jughead was currently watching some TV. I smiled slightly as I approached him. „hey.." I said shyly.

„Oh wow. Nice clothes you're wearing there." he laughed.

„Sorry, I didn't take any comfy clothes with me."

„Relax betts. My clothes are your clothes." he replied and I smiled.

„uhm.." I started and looked at the ground. Jughead raised his eyebrows.

„Can I stay here? With you?" I asked and took a deep breath. „The baby doesn't wanna be alone, it's still not calm."

Jughead smiled and walked up to me. „Of course. You can take the bed, I'll take the couch." he offered.

„No no. I don't want you to sleep on the couch, I will." I insisted.

„You need something comfy to sleep you're pregnant." he said and I sighed.

„why don't we just sleep in the same bed? It's not like we haven't done that before, right?" he suggested and I just nodded.

So Jughead undressed himself except the boxers and we both got into bed but kept our distance. We kept looking at each other's eyes. Suddenly I felt another strong kick right into my organs though and let out a loud groan.

„you okay?" he asked worriedly.

I closed my eyes and nodded. „Just another kick right into my organs." I laughed slightly.

„Come here." he said and suddenly touched my baby belly. I flinched at his touch.

„Oh my god I felt a kick." his eyes widened and he started to smile strongly. He slowly carassed my baby bump and I felt the baby to calm down.

„oh my god." I mumbled and Jug looked at me in confusion.

„what's wrong?" he asked.

„the baby.. is calm suddenly.. this is the first time someone could calm him or her down. For sam it never worked." I smiled.

„wow.. The baby is reacting to it's dad." he looked at me softly.

I nodded slightly and couldn't believe it.

——————————
comment if the baby should be a girl or a boy & comment name suggestions. Tell me what you wanna read furthermore xx