06: the third episode

꧁ꕥ꧂

Cassie and Mike were searching underneath the bleachers when Mike heard a voice come through his walker talkie. Cassie kept looking whilst Mike spoke. Her leg hurt from her weird fall earlier. She hiked up her jeans and saw a nasty bruise forming on her leg, causing her to frown at the discoloured skin. Mike suddenly grabbed Cassie's hand and ran out of the gym, running down the hall.

"What's going on?" Cassie said.

"It's Will. Nobody can find him." Mike replied, letting go of her hand. They both ran down the corridors, Cassie slowing to look down each turning. She looked at the doors to the field and saw Will standing in the middle, completely zoned out.

"Mike! He's on the field!" His eyes widened and he sprinted to Will's side, Cassie behind him. Lucas, Max and Dustin suddenly burst through the doors and onto the field, Joyce with them too.

"Will! We just found him like this!" Mike told them all as they approached hastily. "I think he's having another episode!" Cassie furrowed her brows in worry and confusion.

"Will, Will!" Joyce called as she shook him. "Sweetie wake up! It's mum! Wake up honey, wake up!" Will's eyes suddenly opened, and he gasped for breath. The kids all stood back and gave the mum and son their space. Lucas smiled at Cassie reassuringly, telling her Will was okay. She smiled back half-heartedly, frowning at Max when Lucas turned his head. What was going on?

꧁ꕥ꧂

They followed Joyce and Will to the front of the school, where Joyce lead the boy to her car.

"That totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max spoke.

"Two episodes, in two days." Lucas pointed out.

"It's getting worse." Mike added.

"You think it's true sight?" Lucas asked.

"What's true sight?" Cassie whispered to Max, who shrugged.

"It's nothing." Lucas told them, overhearing their whispers.

꧁ꕥ꧂

Cassie went home that night, still thinking of what happened on the field that day. It was still on her mind when she arrived at school the next day. She could hear the voices of Mike, Max and Lucas. She walked over to Dustin who was putting his bike onto its stand. They glanced at each other before walking over to the trash cans.

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike's voice sounded as they came around the corner.

"This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" Max questioned. Cassie stifled a laugh, watching Lucas was foraging in a trash can.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asked the three of them.

"Isn't it obvious? They're looking for Dart." Cassie told him and Mike nodded. Suddenly a bag of trash was thrown out by Lucas. Everyone stepped back, hoping to avoid the flying garbage. Lucas then hopped out of the bin.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up! After I drew that short straw. Real convenient." Lucas said to the pair.