Chapter 8

We fly and I feel the fog of Helheim's Gate surround me. I hear the roars of the Dragon Queen and I know that the vikings are screwed.

"Distract it!" I call to the others. I hear the dragons blast Queenie. "Hiccup! Take the lead!" I yell over her roar of pain.

"Ruff, Tuff! Watch your backs! Move Fishlegs!" he commands.

"Look at us! We're on a dragon, We're on dragons! All of us!" Tuff calls to the fleeing villagers on the ground.

"Up! Let's move it!" Hiccup calls out. "Fishlegs, break it down!"

"Ok. Heavily armoured skull and tail made for bashing and crushing! Steer clear of both! Small eyes, large nostrils! Relies on hearing and smell!"

"Ok, Nara and Vision! Go and start pelting it with arrows, spikes and fire from above. Aim for the eyes if possible." I nod at Hiccup's order and go.

I break off from the group and start shooting arrows at Queenie. I hear roars of pain coming from it.

I hear Tuff and Ruff insulting it, while Fishlegs and Snotlout are making noise.

"Uhh, this thing doesn't have a blind spot." Fishlegs calls out.

"Just keep doing what Hiccup said." I yell as I fire an arrow.

I hear Astrid join us.

"It's working!" Snotlout says.

"Yeah, it's working!" Fishlegs agrees.

I hear Snotlout's Nightmare falls, but then flies away. "Whoa!" I hear Snotlout say.

"I've lost power on the Gronckle! Snotlout, do something!" I hear Fishlegs scream as his Gronckle spins and falls to the ground.

"Nara, Vision! Stay towards the back until someone rescues Snotlout." Astrid calls. I nod and we fly to the back of the dragon.

"I can't miss! What wrong, buddy? Got something in your eye?" Snotlout calls. Queenie roars and I know that whatever Snotlout is doing, it's working.

"Yeah! You're the Viking!" Astrid encourages Snotlout. Then Snotlout screams. I start shooting as quickly as I can, firing arrow after arrow into it's thick hide. We do another fly along Queenie's body, Vision's magnesium blast making lines on her back and heating the arrowheads embedded into it's scales.

I hear Toothless' roar and Astrid says, "He's up! Ruff, Tuff! Get Snotlout out of there!"

The Twins start arguing, but get the job done. "I can't believe that worked!" Tuff says.

Vision does another fly along, when I hear Queenie sucking in air. I hear Astrid's Nadder's frantic flaps. "Vision, save Astrid!" I call and hear Toothless' infamous whistling sound as he dive bombs Queenie.

"Night Fury!"

"Get down!" The vikings call.

Toothless fires a plasma blast and suddenly Vision dives down. I hear Astrid screaming as she falls to the ground. We rush and her screaming suddenly stops.

"Did you get her?" I ask Vision, who squawks 'yes'. We fly low to the ground and Vision places her down gently, before going back to the fight.

"That thing has wings. Ok, let's see if it can use them!" Hiccup calls to me. I nod and Vision starts focusing on the wings. I fire arrows into it, but when I reach for another, I meet air. I'm out of arrows. Vision calls to me and I know he's at his shot limit.

"Hiccup, we're out." I call.

"Then get clear!" I nod and say, "To Astrid, boy." and we zoom off, towards the ground. We land and Astrid climbs on. A huge explosion happens and I hear Queenie fall to the ground. I hear her get up and her massive wings flap. For the others, it's just really loud. For me, it's almost deafening. I have to cover my ears, to not be blind and deaf. Luckily, she flies away from us. I hear roaring, snapping, sea stacks breaking and the vikings cheering on Hiccup and Toothless.

"Come on, Bud!" Hiccup says and they fly up into the clouds. I hear roars. Then Toothless dive bombing and an explosion. That repeats over and over and over again. The crowd gasps, ohhs and ahhs. I hear Toothless roar and Queenie roars in response. I hear them both start diving down towards the ground. I hear Queenie getting ready to fire, but Toothless fires first. Queenie roars loudly and then the biggest explosion I've ever heard explodes a few hundred feet away from us.

Once my ears stop ringing, I hear Dad yelling, "Hiccup! Hiccup! Son!"

"Vision! Find Hiccup!" I shout. Vision starts sniffing, then charges into the dissipating ash cloud. When Vision stops, I call, "Dad, here!" I hear him rushing over. Toothless moans in pain and shifts over. I hear Dad fall to his knees and whisper.

"Oh son. I did this." My voice catches in my throat, cause that's what Hiccup said all those weeks ago, right before he cut Vision and Toothless free. I turn and grab Astrid, hugging her and silently sobbing my heart out into her chest.

Toothless groans and moves. I hear him breath heavily.

"Oh, son, I'm so sorry." Dad says. I hear Toothless shift and Dad shouts, "Hiccup!" He runs closer and throws his helmet aside.

"He's alive. You brought him back alive." I leap off Vision and run to Dad. I feel around and I feel Hiccup's face. I collapse in relief and silently thank all the gods for saving him. The Vikings and dragons who came back start cheering and I hear Gobber approaching.

"Thank you for saving my son." Dad says.

"Well, you know... most of 'em." Gobber says. 

"What?! What do you mean 'most of him'?" I yell at Gobber. When they tell me he's missing a foot, I call Vision and mount up.

"Ruff, Tuff, Snotlout! Grab your dragons and take Toothless home. Astrid, grab your Nadder and we'll take Hiccup and Dad home. Fishlegs, help Gobber repair the ships and I'll send The Twins and Snotlout back to help you pull them back." The teens rush off to do what they're told and I say, "Dad, give me Hiccup and hop onto Astrid's Nadder when she comes back. I'm taking Hiccup to Gothi."

He gives me Hiccup and I take off the bandages for my eyes and Dad wraps them around Hiccup's leg. "Vision, home!" I cry and he takes off, flapping his way home as soon as possible.

(A/N: And here's another chapter. One more chapter left, I think. I can't wait to hear what you all think of this and I'll talk to you all next time. Happy Halloween! Stay safe!)