Trouble at the Pyramids

Velma pushed open the door to show a bunch of pyramids and sand on the other side. "Where are we?" asked Catman. "Jinkies, we're at the ancient Aztec Pyramids!" cried Velma. "Yes, but how does this help us find my sister?" asked Rath. "Found her!" said Starchild. "Zoinks! Like where!?" cried Shaggy. "Up there." said Starchild pointing to the Pyramid of an ancient Aztec Serpent God. Meanwhile, on top of the pyramid, Cleo finally managed to break through the ropes that were tied around her wrists before ripping off her blindfold. "Well now, isn't this a fine mess I'm in!" she said placing her hands on her hips. "Cleo!" shouted Fred from the bottom of the pyramid. "Well now, nice of you all to finally show up. Now....GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!" yelled Cleo crossing her arms. "Someone's crabby." whispered Catman. "Like hang on, Cleo, we're coming!" cried Shaggy as everyone began to run up the steps of the pyramid. Cleo stood there waiting until finally everyone showed up out of breath except for a few. "Man, you guys never would've made it back in ancient Egypt!" laughed Nefertina as Shaggy fell backwards being caught by Velma. "Like what I don't get is if the ancient Aztecs were so smart, how come they didn't invent an elevator?" he panted. "Reah! An elevator!" said Scooby collapsing on top of Shaggy's lap. "Cleo!" yelled Demon running up and hugging his wife who hugged back. "What happened to you?" asked Starchild. "Well now, I can't say for certain because someone blindfolded me the entire time!" said Cleo as Demon helped her down from the mound she was standing on. 

As soon as the gang made in back down, Rath noticed something. "Strange, this wasn't here last I looked." she said. "And I have a bad feeling about this." said Cleo. "How do you figure?" asked Demon. The statue began to crumble as a cage appeared around them surrounded in fog. "That's how." said Cleo crossing her arms as a mechanical bird called "Paco" landed on the cage and began talking. "That is the worst Spanish accent I have ever heard!" said Alejo covering his ears. The parrot started telling the villagers that they had desecrated the scared grounds of their ancestors and must be punished before the wrath of the gods fell upon them. "Wrath of the Gods?" said Cleo with a smirk. "Uh oh...Cleo, what are you thinking!?" asked Velma catching onto her friend's thinking. "Like I have a thought and I say HEAD FOR THE HILLS!" cried Shaggy making a run for it as the cage started to retreat back under the sand. " So do I and I say while you're pregnant!" said Demon grabbing his wife's arm as everyone began running. They continued to run until Fred spotted a crack in one of the walls and they slipped through. "Scooby, get in here!" yelled Cleo  grabbing Scooby by the tail and dragged him inside as the angry mob of tourists ran past. "Phew, I think we're safe." said Alejo. "EW! This place is full of spiders!" cried Daphne. "S-s-s-s-spiders!?" cried Shaggy jumping into Jakal's arms with Scooby. "Spiders my tut, these are scorpions. There's a huge difference you know." said Rath. "Scorpions! Oh thanks, Rath! Like I feel so much better now!" cried Shaggy sarcastically. "Look gang, there's a door in here." said Cleo pushing it open. "Looks like some kind of burial chamber to me." said Armon. "Burial Chamber!?" cried Shaggy. "No doubt for the Aztec warriors that once lived on this land." said Starchild. "And these long dead soldiers are just what we need to make our getaway." said Cleo opening her purse and pulling out her Mother's ankh. "Care to assist me, brother dear?" asked Cleo. "If it gets us out in one piece then gladly." said Rath walking over and grasping part of the ankh. "But how can one piece of jewelry help us?" asked Luis. "Like dude, your about to learn first hand about who Cleo and Rath's mother is considering that necklace is hers!" cried Shaggy holding Scooby in his arms shaking like a leaf. "Honestly, if Cleo and Rath's mom can get us out of this, I for one am not complaining." said Spaceman. "Arise warriors of old! Here our call for we summon you forth back into the world of the living!" cried Rath. The ruby in the center of the ankh lit up brightly as what appeared to be lighting came out of it. "What's going on!?" asked Alejo. "Would you believe it if we said Cleo and Rath are the son and daughter of an ancient queen and Cleo happens to be able to call forth the dead using said ankh that belonged to her mother?" asked Fred sheepishly. "They do now! Run!" yelled Starchild as the skeletons of the Aztec warriors came to life screeching and moving around. "Time to go, Cleo!" yelled Demon grabbing his wife's arm. 

"Someone tell me we lost them!" panted Catman as they ran into a different part of the pyramids. "Oh yes, but now we've got even bigger problems. Look!" cried Cleo pointing to a winged serpent statue. 

(Catman and Jakal end up in the tree with Shaggy and Scooby. Starchild, Spaceman, and Rath are with Daphne and Velma. Cleo, Armon, and Demon and with Alejo and Luis. And finally Nefertina lands near the lion statues with Fred.) 

Night had fallen by the time they returned to town. Everyone was heading into the cemetery. Cleo and Rath were behind Shaggy and Scooby when Shaggy stopped walking. "Like you two go on ahead. Like we'll catch up." said Shaggy. "Suit yourself." said Rath following the others. "I take it this is about Catman again?" asked Cleo. "Like yeah, I mean he's talking to me again but I still haven't told him." said Shaggy bowing his head slightly. "Don't lose hope, Shaggy, at least Catman's begun talking to you again." said Cleo as they stood outside the cemetery gates. "Like I guess so. Like if only I wasn't so cowardly in telling him how much I like him and want to ask him out on a date!" cried Shaggy grabbing his head. Unaware to the two talking, Scooby had heard the whole thing and quickly ran into the cemetery. "Oh come now, Shaggy, it'll take time but you'll get there." said Cleo resting a hand on her friend's shoulder and lead him into the cemetery as a shadowy figure retreated back into the bush line.