Chapter 20

60 years later...

Mina returned back to South Korea and stands under the depressing rain in a cemetery. She stares at a group of people mourning over the death of a man.

Mina whispers, "Why am I here?" Joshua replies, "Because you actually care about him." She replies, "I did what I had to do, not because I liked him."

Joshua rolls his eyes and says, "And did you not bring an umbrella? We can accurately predict the weather and yet you choose to be drenched in such nice clothes." Mina replies, "I like the rain." He says, "You're weird." She rolls her eyes, "We can like things. Just because I enjoy the rain, the booming thunder, and bright lightning, doesn't mean I'm weird."

Joshua chuckles, "Speaking of weird."

Mina turns her head and asks, "Why are you crying?"

Jimin wipes his tears, "It's just... it's sad."

Mina says, "That old woman in tears was the one who shot you." He blows his nose on a handkerchief and says, "I-I can't hate her... she's mourning the death of her husband." Mina says, "Right, remind me why I still love you?"

Jimin turns to her with teary eyes and leans in for a kiss but Joshua pushes both of them apart. He says, "Listen, I usually don't do anything between you two but... making out in a funeral isn't appropriate." Mina smiles and Jimin turns back to Jin's funeral.

Jimin asks, "It's cool that you made them fall in love with each other. I'd think you'd torture them or give them the fear of grass." Mina smiles, "Maybe I wanted to play cupid."

Flashback

Mina shakes her head, "No, please Jimin don't go. Don't leave me." She stares as Jimin's hand falls on the ground. That's when Mina made up her mind.

Her eyes glowed red and her fangs extended with venom at their tips. Mina quickly bit Jimin's neck injecting him with Vampiric venom. She stayed on him for a few seconds then backed away. Mina whispers, "Wake up, Jimin. Wake up."

Mina say there for several minutes waiting for him to open his eyes but it never happened. Jimin was really dead. She was too late. She should've just turned him into a vampire when she had the chance. Her eyes start to tear up and she can only pick up his hand and whisper, "I'm sorry..."

Suddenly, Sana and Momo run inside the room. They notice his dead body and Mina crying on the ground. Momo turns to look at Sana and notices that her eyes were on his body. She knew that Sana had the power to revive the dead but Momo didn't know what it would take from Sana. She wasn't sure if it would take her life away or something of utter importance. But Sana had that look in her eyes. The look of pity and sadness. The look she gave when she wanted to help someone. Sana was willing to take the risk.

Momo whispers, "What are you thinking?" Sana replies, "I should try it, no? It'll make Mina happy." Momo says, "You don't know what it'll do to you." Sana smiles, "I don't care." Momo asks, "What if the rumors are true? What if you have to give up your life?"

Sana says with little confidence, "They're just rumors... I should know my powers more than those people." Momo bites her lip and allows Sana to walk up. Mina raises her head and her teary eyes meets Sana's.

Sana smiles at her then leans down to kiss Jimin's lips. Mina stared as her sister kissed Jimin for what seem like several minutes. Sana backs away and glances at Mina. Sana smiles then suddenly her eyes roll behind her head and she falls back unconsciously.