|| to the sunset we go ||

I smiled to myself as I scanned myself at my body-sized mirror. I was wearing a tennis skirt with a collared shirt and a sweater plastered on top of it. Me and my best friend, Felix, are going skating for the first time in forever.

My body was filled with adrenaline as I grabbed my skateboard and released a breath. "This is it"

I hopped down the stairs while smiling non-stop. He was going to pick me up. "Heather?" I heard him call out. "Hmm?"

I hummed in response and opened the door to meet with a rather cute boy. "You look so...lovely." I giggled at his choice of clothes, which I absolutely adored. "Well, what can I say?" He dusted off his shirt and released a proud impression.

"I missed you so much" I pouted and jumped onto his well-built body. "I missed you too" He replied with his hands crawling onto my waist.

"So, are you ready?"

Those words made my excitement grow more. "Of course!" I exclaimed and stepped out of my home. And surprisingly, a hand grabbed my mine and tied its fingers with me. I looked at him with confusion shooting through my eyes.

He noticed this and smiled. "What?" The curly-headed boy looked back at me which summoned butterflies in my stomach. "Can't I hold your hand?"

"No, that's not it. Of course, you can!" I tilted my head. "If so, why are you acting,"---- He glanced----"weird?"

"I'm not acting weird, just excited." I rolled my eyes as I heard his soft laughter again while he caressed the back of my hand with his thumb, gently. He has never acted like this before which made me release a puzzled expression.

I felt my heart smile at the scene. The light pink sky watching over the 2 flustered teenagers. Me and Felix never met in such a long time since he moved out of our childhood village, leaving me alone. And when I got the news that he was coming back, it made me almost tear up in happiness.

Skating was and still is our favorite bonding. I always felt like I was in a movie with him with birds chirping and flying over us. A truly beautiful moment I must say.

"Do you want to race?" He suggested out of the blue. "Me? You're threatening me?" I pointed at myself which made him eye me from head to toe. "Yeah, am I suppose to be intimidated?" He furrowed teasingly. "You should be."

"Prove it to me then." The male pulled up his sleeves, getting competitive. "This boy I swear doesn't know what he's going into." I rolled my eyes and dropped my skateboard. "Ready? 3, 2, 1!" He counted down as both of us dashed out the scene.

Little does he know that I have been practicing for this very moment. I looked back to see him behind me with eyes wide as the sun. "How-?"

"Told you that you should be intimidated" I stuck out my tongue as I skated backwards, giving him a chance. "Why don't you go first?"

I heard him scoff in disbelief. "Thanks babe." He closed his eyes and blew a kiss while he skated backwards as we switched places. "Happy?" I caught up before he could open his eyes, making him flinch slightly.

"Happy that you're happy." He flicked my forehead. "That's sweet but are you giving up that quickly? How pathetic!" I stuck my tongue out and skated faster than before.

"Don't be feeling too great about yourself because just one" ------ He grabbed my arm which made me stop, and stared deep into my sou.l----- "move like this can make you go crazy over me"

The boy smirked as our faces were centimeters away from each other. "That's out of topi-" I raised my eyebrows before I felt his fingertips glide onto my lips which made me shut myself up. "Aww, why did you stop talking?"

"Get away" I gently pushed him away from me. "Funny on how weak you are under my touch." He combed his hair backwards with his fingers. For goodness sake, that little movement can make me go crazy.

"So what?" I stood up, proudly. "It's cute." He chuckled which was very unexpected. This reply made my heart skip a beat. "Damn that compliment hits hard when it's you who said it."

"If that's the case, then I'll say it again. It's cute. You're cute. We're cute..." He slowly leaned closer to me again. "...together."

Great. Now my legs are about to pass out due to the excessive love-shock. I decided to just give up and let him take control. "Okay fine. Be the director of the show." I relaxed my muscles.

He smiled which made his eyes disappear. I love it when he smiles. Never disappoints. Always beautiful. "I want us to go skating until the sun drops and the skies are filled with stars." He pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. "Your wish is my command."

We both laugh and rode our skateboards. All giggly and soft. So far, I'm loving this side of him. Of us.

He reached out his hand for me which I gladly took as we rode to the sunset.

The sound of him. The sound of our skateboards scratching the ground is simply enough to make my week. I wish I could tell my real feelings. My real feelings for him.