Chapter 15

Rose's POV
After the movie, we all went back to our respective destinations giggling about the parts which ensnared us a bit more. Well I couldn't relate to that since my mind wasn't in the theater. It was lost in someone else's eyes. I can't believe I got all delusional in the theater watching the anticipated couple beside me and the devouring each other type couple to my right. After the little war or words we had, Daisy didn't try to talk with me again and now I'm kind of feeling all guilty.

Is it just me or whenever I try talking about something that is bothering me, or something that is pestering me, I start getting all ignored and misunderstood. And then, I keep my mouth shut regarding the things which are clearly disturbing my sanity, later I end up feeling all upset and derailed. The exact things I am feeling at this moment. I looked towards my phone and saw how there still wasn't a single text from Eran. Now, this had started to feel all annoying. I see no harm in attending a movie outing with my friends. Also, given that, I never say anything to him whenever he is out with his friends all day, ignoring my whole existence. 

I sighed and pulled my hair in a messy bun. Taking my phone in my hand I started scribbling a text to him. 

'If this is you reacting to me hanging out with my friends, we are going to have an issue' I sent this text, and switched off my phone. I know exactly what to do right now. I gulped down a bottle of ice cold water, switched my phone to the airplane mode and turned off my lamp. I plopped on my soft bed and closed my eyes. Veronica was out with her friends tonight and had a stayover planned over their's so it was just going to be on my bed now. 

Eran's POV

Laughter erupted from Hunter as Ricky shoved him with a four plus card. I grinned taking a swig from the soda beside me. It was a beautiful night today. We all hung out whole day bunking our classes. I occasionally checked my phone for a text from Rose but that never really came. Ricky's mom had arranged a delicious meal part for us all. After devouring the food, we all came back out and right at this moment we were all sitting by the beach with Uno cards and snapping our other friends every now and then.

 The atmosphere made me miserably miss Rose. The sea waves crashing against the rocks, the silhouette of the white clouds being enveloped by the blue night sky, the soft breeze, the summer stench hanging in the air around us. I can't help but miss Rose and her ensnaring smile. Even though I'm yet to see her in person, but the way my eyes devour her every single seconds we are facetiming? My mind has memorised every delicate crease by her eyes, every little slips of smirk on her naughty yet innocent face, every shift in her demeanor whenever I try to flirt with her. I can almost imagine her beside me with her contagious smile imprinting in my mind, with her the breeze brushing through her brown hair locks. 

A smile stretched on my face as Hunter spilled some drink on the card and Ricky howled loudly. I cleared my throat and decided to concentrate on the game. Our picnic spread was cluttered with half empty bags of chips, soda and popcorn and some facial expressions mirroring expressions of humour, rage and anticipation on my peer's faces. 

 The summer air was thick with tension, so thick that you could almost imagine cutting through with a knife. The stakes remained as ever so high and the friendships ever higher. A mischievous grin scattered on Ricky's face as he slammed down a draw four card with gusto. "Take that, bitch!" yelled Ricky as Charlie, Hunter's brother huffed and we all broke out into colourful fits of  laughter. Charlie groaned dramatically, "Oh come on, you serious?"

Ricky nodded vigorously as I glanced towards my phone. Still zero texts. Wait a second. I grabbed my phone and noticed how my phone ran out of charge. Oh god, she might have texted and I might have never really noticed. How long has my phone remained dead? I ran a frustrated hand over my hand and growled internally, careful not to disturb the thick game like ambience.